010 - Howie Weed (Wampa: Special Edition, Ketwol, Melas)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Weed_Wampa.jpg

Howie Weed has an extensive career in movie visual effects. Most recently he has worked on digital animation for AI, The Time Machine, Minority Report, and The Phantom Menace. He has also done special effects on Men In Black, and various model making and creature effects projects since the early 1980s. Perhaps you’ve heard of Gremlins, The Fly, or Ghostbusters II ;)

Star Wars fans know him best for his input on the Trilogy Special Editions. In addition to behind the scenes work, Mr. Weed donned the new Wampa costume, and stood in for new cantina patrons Ketwol and Melas.

You can check out Mr. Weed’s IMDB filmography here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0917236/

Mr. Weed has recently been catching up on a backlog of fan mail, so now might be a good time to get your request in. He will sign items sent to him, and recent requests have been returned within a month. Don’t forget to log your request!

Howie Weed
c/o Industrial Light And Magic
P.O. Box 2459
San Rafael, CA 94912
USA

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

AmShak note:
The images below are at 200 dpi and should print out at 4.25 inches by 6.25 inches with the intention of trimming them down to 4” X 6”

Attachments

• 0010 Howie Weed ep4 2.2.jpg
    0010 Howie Weed ep4 2.2.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 795
  • 0010 Howie Weed ep4 3.jpg
    0010 Howie Weed ep4 3.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 905
  • 0010 Howie Weed ep5 1.2.jpg
    0010 Howie Weed ep5 1.2.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 752
  • 0010 Howie Weed ep5 2.jpg
    0010 Howie Weed ep5 2.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 670
  • 0010 Howie Weed ep5 3.jpg
    0010 Howie Weed ep5 3.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 740

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 010 - Howie Weed (Wampa: Special Edition, Ketwol, Melas)

Mailed my request today. I included a couple index cards and a pint-out of the wampa (since I didn't have a Special Edition trading card handy). Since he doesn't seem to send photos of his own, I only enclosed a letter-sized sase. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 010 - Howie Weed (Wampa: Special Edition, Ketwol, Melas)

Got my response today. :D Mr. Weed signed all three of my items, and drew a sketch of a Wampa on one of my indexes. :) No personalization. Took 38 days.

Attachments

• howieweed sig.jpg
    howieweed sig.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 691

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man

I recieved my index cards back from him today, complete with the wampa drawing like darthskellington has. Very cool!

Thanks for making this excercise skellington, I probably wouldn't have tried to send to him without it!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Glad you got a success! :D And a website appropriate one for you too.

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man

darthskelington said:
Glad you got a success! :D And a website appropriate one for you too.

I actually mentioned Wampa's Cave in the letter I sent and gave him the url. Then my friend informed me today that he had just got off the phone with Mr. Weed and that he said he's definitely going to check the site out! :D

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER

I recieved 4 Howie Weed autographs about a week ago using this address.

here's a pic of my success:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/HOWIEWEEDAUTOGRAPHS.jpg

SUCCESS
TYPE: Tester Sent Item
WHAT KIND OF ITEM: 4 White Index Cards and A SASE.
TESTER COMMENTS
Mr. weed signed and personalized 2 of the 4 IC's He also drew Wampas on All 4 cards!! He did use my SASE. Great success!! RYAN J.
Date Sent: 1/10/2006 Date Recieved: 4/24/2006 Time Taken: 104 days

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Very cool. That super close-up wampa is amazing. :D

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER

That's the one I like the best!!!

RYAN J.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Images added to the first post for anyone wishing to use them.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

My request was sent today.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
My request has been out for 191 days (since 7/12/06). Darn. Just posting an update in case anybody was considering this address.

that_yoda_guy

New Recruit
Got my TAC trading card and index card back today, all signed.
He drew a Wampa on each index card, one close up one full head view.
Took about 2 weeks.

that_yoda_guy;76586 said:
Got my TAC trading card and index card back today, all signed.
He drew a Wampa on each index card, one close up one full head view.
Took about 2 weeks.

Congrats!!!From above address?

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Hey guys. I sent out my request today. However I did use a different address.
I used

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] c/o Industrial Light & Magic
PO Box 29909
San Francisco, CA 94129-0909
USA

I will let you know if I get a reply ;)
[/FONT]