Random Collectibles

In order to contain myself from starting dozens of threads just to post a photo or two of my more random collectibles, I'll stick them all in here. If you've got some really random or obscure pieces, by all means PLEASE join the fun! :D

Let's kick things off with the Disney Imperial Bowling Set with Thermal Detonator and Death Star balls.

CC_Bowling01.jpg

Besides being a lot of fun (especially when played over-hand) the back of the box features some nifty original art of Darth Vader.
CC_Bowling02.jpg

At the park it's a $20 toy, which makes it a great souvenier for kids and a must-have for those of us who need more variety in our collection. Since it can be re-closed and still look original, it's a fantastic toy to get out and play with when company comes over.

To quote the top of the box...

/ - Impressive
X - Most Impressive

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Anyone looking for really "random" and "unique" Star Wars merchandise should visit ThinkGeek.com and search for "Japan Star Wars" ... you'll find lots of really weird stuff, much of it based on R2-D2 (e.g. the R2-D2 laundry hamper). :)

[Obelix impression] Those Japanese are crazy! [/Obelix impression] ;)

There was an artist trading card set which was originally only available on May 4th. He has given in to pressure (I can't imagine from where..... -whistles innocently-) to put his remaining sets back online for all the world to enjoy. They're $12 plus postage.
CC_Manly.jpg

Card number 18 is a random original sketch card of his own choice, selected from this group:
CC_Manly2.jpg

If you would like a set of cards, his website can be reached here.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Pretty hard to get a "set" if he's including random ones though ... yet again the silliness of random packing and exclusives rears it's ugly head. :(

Perhaps 'random' was a bad choice of words on my part. The 'last' card in the set is a one-of-a-kind hand drawn original card of his choosing. He pre-drew 100 of them for his 100 sets. Since his commission work sells for $25 each, getting an original card in every $12 set is a bargain. I think he was hoping to give collectors the mystique of 'unique' instead of 'complete'. (Artist perspective vs. collector perspective.)