FOUND: New 2012 Clone Wars Slap Bands

Perhaps not a glamorous collectible, for those of us collectors who focus upon the things that will be "here today, gone tomorrow, never to be found again" these Clone Wars Slap Bands are the next lucky find.

Slap Bands 2012.jpg

They're manufactured by Bulls I Toy LLC and are the second wave of the slap bands. (The first wave in 2011 was comprised of six characters from the move saga.)

I found them in the toy aisle at Target while on my daily search for the elusive Series 2 of Hasbro's Fighter Pods figures.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
You'll find that the Series 2 Fighter Pods will be extremely "elusive" because they have not even been released yet. Reportedly they're due in August. :)

The Series 2 Star Wars Mighty Beanz are even more "elusive" because it looks like they were never actually released anywhere except Australia and only in small numbers. :(

You'll find that the Series 2 Fighter Pods will be extremely "elusive" because they have not even been released yet. Reportedly they're due in August. :)

In stock now at EE (arrived 6/26). I've got a pair of 8-packs and a case of 4-packs arriving Monday.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS38582BB

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS38488B

I'm hunting the blind 2-packs for their exclusives. If EE's got series 2, it will just be a matter of time before the big box stores work them though circulation and I've got my nets cast for the early catch. :) Any excuse to go shopping daily is a good one.

Thank you for the news on the Beanz. Perhaps there is hope that with enough patience I can piece a full set together.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I like the artwork on these new slap bands. Haven't seen them here yet. Nor have I purchased any of the previous slap bands.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
In stock now at EE (arrived 6/26).
D'oh!! How did they get them early?? We've still got lots of the original series on the shelves down here in New Zealand and the Series 1 16-packs have only just arrived. Anything that isn't part of Hasbro's 3 3/4" figure and vehicles / beats range is almost non-existant to collectors here. :(

Thank you for the news on the Beanz. Perhaps there is hope that with enough patience I can piece a full set together.
Good luck with that. Unless you're willing to pay ridiculous eBay prces, it's pretty much impossible. :( I'm still missing about 18 of them (which includes the five mail-away Beanz).

Interestingly I did a quick search at EntertainmentEarth.com after looking at the Fighter Pods Series 2 links you gave. They're listing a Star Wars Might Beanz Games Case (6 pieces) as arriving "July 2012" ... whatever that may be. :unsure:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Interesting. Probably no way of knowing what they will actually have until it arrives. The description says each pack has 4 exclusive Clone Wars beanz...which is inaccurate. All the Clone Wars packs thus far had one exclusive.

Good question - and good points. The only real way to find out is to roll the dice. I just ordered a case and will report on it (good or bad) the day it arrives. --- If it's good, I'll report AFTER I place my order for more. :p