Toys R Us exclusive Death Star Mighty Beanz tin

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, that's another good network to try and find Beanz info. However, they pirated a number of Todds Bean images from his site. :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The new Star Wars Mighty Beanz (second wave in Australia) still haven't turned up on shelves here in New Zealand, nor have the Star Wars Gomu erasers. I haven't even found them anywhere online either, except eBay and similar selfish scalper sites at ridiculous prices. :( (We didn't even get the second Lightsaber Flip Track in stores down here - luckily darthskellington got one for me.)

The local version of Kmart still has lots of the original released Star Wars Beanz though.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There's almost certainly still packs at the local Kmart or Farmers stores down here in New Zealand with the #56 Jek Porkins Beanz in it (it's the pack with #11 C-3PO visible) if you really want one. Shipping from down here in the back-of-nowhere costs a fortune though ... and I'll only charge you two of each of the new second Australasian wave Beanz and two of each of the inisital American mail-away Droid Beanz. ;)

DZ4042

New Recruit
There's almost certainly still packs at the local Kmart or Farmers stores down here in New Zealand with the #56 Jek Porkins Beanz in it (it's the pack with #11 C-3PO visible) if you really want one. Shipping from down here in the back-of-nowhere costs a fortune though ... and I'll only charge you two of each of the new second Australasian wave Beanz and two of each of the inisital American mail-away Droid Beanz. ;)

I cant get my hands on any of the mail-away Beanz. Ive tried for a loooong time now. LOL. If you could get me a Jek Porkins bean, maybe we could trade some stuff or I could give you cash. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I'm not sure if it's my computer, but the Conversations / Private Messages seem to be having problems. :(

I looked in a couple of stores yesterday and there are still some Star Wars Beanz packs on the pegs here with the #11 C-3PO Beanz character visible (as in the list earlier in this topic, that's the pack with the "hidden" #56 Jek Porkins Beanz character in the Australasian release). There's a lot more of some of the other packs.

At New Zealand Kmart (no connection to the American version) the Star Wars Beanz packs cost US$10 each, but at The Warehouse (a similar type of "sell everything" store) they're only US$7.50 each ... in fact, until Monday one local branch has 30% off all toys, so that makes the Star Wars Beanz packs only US$5.25 each.

I don't know what the shipping cost would be though.

I also found a couple of packs with the #999 Invisible Jedi Ghost Ben Kenobi character Beanz "visible" in them. ;) The packs hadn't been opened, so they must have been a packing error where the visible Beanz was left out.

DZ4042

New Recruit
If you'll get me 3 of the Jek Porkins beans, I'll pay for the whole packs plus shipping. :0) plus a little for your trouble.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I'll see if I can get three packs from the 30% off branch on the way past tomorrow before the sale ends, otherwise I'll have to get some from the other stores. I'll also find out the shipping costs to America (that's where your profile says you are), but won't be able to do that tomorrow.

With the private message function not working here at the moment :(, I'm not sure how I can get details to you though ... are you on the official StarWars.com forums? (I do have an account there, but rarely use it since the website is s-o-o-o s-l-o-w to load via dial-up.)

DZ4042

New Recruit
I am not on the other forums. However, I don't mind putting my contact details here. My mailing address is:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I've copied those details if you want to edit them out of the message now. I'm just about to go out now to check the 30% off sale on the way past. Get back to you later. :)

Orm

New Recruit
I'm having trouble finding anywhere some pack listings for where the Ultra Rare beans are coming out of like Dengar and Rancor Keeper, etc...) I'm in the US and am finding lots of pack still available at Kmarts on clearance. Is it possible to put together a set out of what is left out there? Not sure what wave they'd be either - I am a noob to these Thanks for any help or advice!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There's a US checklist of which Beanz are in which packs at StarWarsGuide.net. The Australasian packs have different, and simpler, contents and I posted a list of them on the first page of this topic.

The Australasian packs containing the Rancor Keep and Dengar are probably still available down here in New Zealand at the normal store prices above (except the 30% off sale has ended) if you really want them, but it's the shipping that's expensive.

Orm

New Recruit
Thanks for the info. This is what I thought but being late to the party and since any info. online is 2 years old I just wanted to make sure nothing had changed. So, I guess anything not on the U.S. pack lists was never released here - is this correct? If so, I guess we have to resort to ebay or a chance of a future new product release that will include these pieces.

Thanks again!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
In America the 4-packs were apparently a bit messy, with three releases (if you include the Wal-mart exclusive ones) of the Beanz in different combinations.

Thankfully here in New Zealand (and Australia) it was much simpler with only one release of 15 4-packs which easily gave all of the first 60 Star Wars Beanz.

In addition to the Star Wars Beanz 4-packs which give the first 60 Beanz, there are the Beanz that came packaged with the Darth vader Collector's Tin, Millennium Falcon Collector's Case, Death Star Collector's Tin, and the two Lightsaber Flip Tracks (only one of which made it to New Zealand stores).

Plus, in America at the start there were five "exclusive" Droid Beanz available via mail-away promotion (again, these are available on eBay at ridiculous prices). There was also a webpage, now no longer accessible, which listed some supposed "variations" ... but whether they are true variations or simply people's eyesight playing tricks or damaged / misprinted Beanz is another question.

More recently there (supposedly) was a second release in Australia and limited numbers of these Beanz have turned up on eBay at ridiculous prices, but unfortunately they don't appear to have actually been sold in stores - I've kept looking at both local stores and normal Australian webstores and haven't been able to find them at all. I even tried emailing the local distributor, but got no reply.

It's bean a while since they were released so some of the 4-packs are getting more difficult to find here in New Zealand, but I can see if there are still any with the Rancor Keeper and Dengar Beanz around if you want them.

Orm

New Recruit
Buzz - thanks for the added info. and your offer. I think I will hold off and see what turns up on ebay. I also read the rumor of potential future releases so maybe some of these odd beanz will end up in those. I've been finding second wave packs on clearance at Kmart's here so I've got a good start to the original 60. Thanks!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hi Buzz....I tried e-mailing you, but it got bounced back. What is this ghost Ben Kenobi Bean you are referring to, numbered 999???

I don't think I'm familiar with this one, and if it is something new, I would be interested in getting two (one for me, one for Todd).

If you can share any more info or picture links, I'd appreciate it. :)

Thanks!

Warren

Orm

New Recruit
I think he was joking because the "visible" bean was not visible. I was at TRU tonight and saw a Cars 4 pack that had no visible bean. Weird, I know and I almost bought just because. But there are packs out there like that and I think that's what Buzz meant he had....