Target Exclusive Vintage 9-Pack

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
5199807354_d96aa8ee43_o.jpg

Our Bothan Spies report that next week, Target will be carrying an exclusive Vintage Collection 9-pack, retailing for $49.99. The multi-pack is inspired by retailer exclusive 3-packs that were available for the Empire Strikes Back line.

Discuss this here.

They have about 20 of these sets at my local Target. (Dadeland Square in Kendall, Florida) They are all damaged as if the cases that contained them were bounced around during shipping. besides that they are all non-mint, I did not get impressed by any of the 9 figures in the set, which I believe it was a very poor choice by Hasbro. I would have liked to see more interesting or new figures on these sets. Not worth the $49.99, but then again, they may go to the sky in price in the future, you never know with Star Wars exclusives.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
For kids who don't already have these figures, it actually a good deal. For the collector's, you are paying for the package. I suspect these may at least maintain their value, due to their fragile nature, unlike most modern SW figures that depreciate with time.

On a side note, the outer cardboard is actually designed to protect the figures, which come as three separate carded three-packs. So, if they ever go clearance, you could snag a damaged one and still potentially have three mint carded three-packs inside. They could be removed and displayed individually.

Personally, I'm happy there are no "new" figures in the set to "force" completists to buy it. The characters in these sets were chosen to mirror vintage 3-packs that came with the same three characters.

Unfortunately, Target's trucks are piled full with cases....they don't palletize anything....they just fill the truck until no more will go in. This results in fragile cardboard items, like these sets, potentialy getting placed under heavier objects. Also, the large oblong case provides no added protection for the sets. Even a minor drop onto a corner could result in half of the packs inside getting dented. :(