Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Dark Side on DVD Dec. 22

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
family-guy-something-darkside.jpg

SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING DARKSIDE is the sequel to BLUE HARVEST, in which the FAMILY GUY cast is placed into the most popular film franchise of all time, STAR WARS. What’s amazing about these parodies is that they are completely licensed by Lucasfilm and include everything from the original sound effects, to the original score, and retell the stories almost exactly as the happened in the film, but of course with a Family Guy twist.​

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I bought the Collector's DVD Box version today (with the T-shirt and 'trading cards'). Apart from the price, it's disappointing that they changed the box style and size from the one used for the "Blue Harvest" Collector's DVD Box ... this new one is quite a bit bigger. :(

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Darth Skellington and I watched it. I thought it wasn't as good as the first one, but I enjoyed it.

*spoilers below*

I loved Joe as the probe droid...LOL! And the wampa monster was hilarious.

I was looking forward to what Peter as Han would say in the carbon freezing chamber scene, and I was disappointed. It was funny the first time, but I don't know if I'd laugh every time I heard his reply. I thought they could have come up with something smarter.

I feel bad for Meg's role in these movies. I wonder what she'll end up playing in the Jedi parody.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
It came today via Netflix. It had some moments but the first one was better. Also they had some fun facts option (like how many voices did Seth Macfalane). Also when it stated suddenly it when from widescreen in the menu screen to full screen. I look up to see if there were an option but couldn't find one. :(

I agree. It was good, but not that good. Blue Harvest was definately better (unlike the majority felt about ESB as being the best movie).

As far as I'm concerned it was worth the watch. I don't think you can ever get too much Star Wars content and the more hype Star Wars gets the longer it stays well up in the spot light.

Lets hope that the Return of the Jedi version which I'm sure will pop up makes a come back for the best.

Who do you think will play the Ewoks?