World exclusive Alan Flyng Imperial Officer ROTJ

Do you feel the price for an autograph by him is reasonable?

I was at CIII and received a few autographs from Kenny Baker and paid $20 USD a piece.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
$35 considering this is Alan's first signing and, fraknly, I had never heard of him signing before now, $35 (I assume that includes shipping), is not that unreasonbale. Now, if he shows up at C5, a half dozen other conventions in the next couple years, and begins signing through the mail, then the $20 price starts to look more reasonable.

I consider $30-35 the max I would pay for any random character from the movies, and that depends on scarity, etc. I would and have paid more for other key characters (Mark Hamill, Billy Dee Williams, Hayden Christiansen).

Personally I will be passing on this for $$$ reasons, but it looks like an excellent opportunity to snag a cool autograph.

Cool polaroid photo he has.....note they had him wearing an Imperial Crewman jumpsuit uniform complete with patch and pockets, but in the movie he wore an olive wool officer's uniform.

Skywalker

New Recruit
Overpriced. I don't pay more than $15 for an extra anymore and there are only a few exceptions. I would like to get his signature, but not for such a ridiculous price. I did conact Alan Flyng if he would sign for free or if he charges. I wouldn't mind pay him a few dollars, but I'm sick of those private signings.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Skywalker;82795 said:
Overpriced. I don't pay more than $15 for an extra anymore and there are only a few exceptions. I would like to get his signature, but not for such a ridiculous price. I did conact Alan Flyng if he would sign for free or if he charges. I wouldn't mind pay him a few dollars, but I'm sick of those private signings.

Agreed.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
I'm pretty sure he does. I'll have to watch that scene again and report back. ;)

RYAN-J

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well, if he is the character they state he is ("Imperial Officer who informs Admiral Piett the deflector shield is down moments before an A-Wing impacts the bridge"), then yes......yes he does have a line. ;)

Regarding $35 for a Bounty Hunter.be sig, this includes shipping. And...you are paying for all the shipping....as the items are usually shipped from wherever the signing takes place (ie England...Australia..wherever) to Belgium where they are then sorted and shipped to you (usually somewhere in the US). $35 is more than I'm willing to shell out for just about any SW actor, but I personally couldn't buy an Official PIX photo, have it shipped to me, then ship it to England, then ship it back to me for under $15. Just a thought.

Skywalker

New Recruit
I recently purchased a 10x8 signed by Josh Brolin who is a bigger name and I paid less then $35 for this one! The pricing policy for those Star Wars extras is not realistic anymore, it really makes me angry. I'm so sick of that frickin' business.... :rolleyes:

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think shipping is included in the price.

I was originally going to do the signing, but the more and more I think about it, $35 is a lot of money to spend for some random extra.

Doc Greedo

New Recruit
I hope not many collectors do support another rip-off! Everyone should e-mail bountyhunter.be to tell you won't pay such a ridiculous lot of money for an uncredited extra.

I didn't mean to start a slightly disgruntled mob by my question. In the end, whatever one is willing to pay for something must be deemed reasonable.

My buddy owns a fine dining restaurant and sells $150 dinner for two before drinks. He has a friend in Europe that sells the same type of food for $500. The restaurant in Europe has a 2 month waiting list. The food isn't necessarily better, but if people keep paying the price and it fills the tables what can be said. It weeds out the little man.

As far as I'm concerned it takes 3 seconds to sign my name. If I spent 8 hours signing 1200 signatures at $20 a piece I'd make $24,000.00 (not really, the only people who want my sig are bill collectors).

In the end, if you want it pay it. If you don't........don't. If alot of people want it the price might go up. If nobody buys it........the price goes down. Just like the stock market.

Thats my underwear and I'm stickin to it. :)