Ike

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well,

Erica and I made it through Ike with little problem. We're far enough north that it was a Tropical Storm or just below by the time it passed over us. We had heavy winds (40-50mph gusts), and the power was out from 5pm until 11am this morning. A few trees down out in the woods, a few limbs, and lots of leaves and twigs everywhere.

Power's on, so back to business as usual. :cool:

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Hey warren! Glad to hear you guys are doing okay. ;) It's been raining like crazy here in Michigan. Blah. Wish the sun would at least come out for a few hours.

RYAN-J

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Glad to hear you made it through OK. I saw some of the damage on the news- going to need a lot of work to get things up and running again.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
We're far enough north that it was a Tropical Storm or just below by the time it passed over us.

Rats!! All your Star Wars collectibles were supposed to be "delievered" in my garden after being "picked up" by the hurricane. ;)

warren and erica were lucky i live closer to Houston it is a mess here im one of the few lucky ones to have power and internet acess. the damage you see on tv is just a little you see its actully a whole lot worse. anyone who has been able has started cleanup but like i said its a real mess out there. my home sustained some roof damages 50% of the fence is down and lots of tree limbs but i have cleaned up the yard. i hope to never see a huricane for as long as i live

Buzz Bumble;81335 said:
Rats!! All your Star Wars collectibles were supposed to be "delievered" in my garden after being "picked up" by the hurricane. ;)

sorry but my star wars coloctables were secured before ike hit

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
i hope to never see a huricane for as long as i live

Unfortunately you will almost vertainly have to get used to it ... or move somewhere else. The weather is getting worse everywhere. :(

Last month we had three weekends in a row with bad storm warnings - nothing like what you have been getting though. By some lucky quirk of the geography my area got nothing except a little rain and wind (in fact we had worse weather in the weeks before that), but other places nearby weren't as lucky with flooding, land slips, etc. There's still a few houses threatened by land slips now.

Buzz Bumble;81347 said:
Unfortunately you will almost vertainly have to get used to it ... or move somewhere else. The weather is getting worse everywhere. :(

Last month we had three weekends in a row with bad storm warnings - nothing like what you have been getting though. By some lucky quirk of the geography my area got nothing except a little rain and wind (in fact we had worse weather in the weeks before that), but other places nearby weren't as lucky with flooding, land slips, etc. There's still a few houses threatened by land slips now.

well i'm not expecting a hurricane intil about 2033. thats about how long between huricanes for houston. i think i'm taking a long vacation that summer

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Weather getting crazier?? Definitely.

We haven't had a decent summer in over five years, and its gradually getting worse.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
In general our summers have been getting hotter (yuck! :() and the winters wetter.

Worsening weather due to Global "Warming" (which doesn't just mean everywhere getting hotter) is definitely a fact, but whether that's a natural / cyclic process or a man-induced one is another question.