Celebration V rumors & more

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
rogueace2000 posted this on the starwarsfangroup message board.

May the force be with Baltimore: City vying to host 'Star Wars'
expo

Baltimore Business Journal - by Julekha Dash Staff

Lucasfilm Ltd., creator of the "Star Wars" series, is eyeing
Baltimore for a four-day convention to be held either spring 2009 or
spring 2010. Winning the convention would boost Baltimore's tourism
business because of its size and media attention surrounding "Star
Wars," one of the biggest pop culture phenomenons, local tourism
experts said.

"It would be a great coup for Baltimore," said Melissa "Missy" Geppi-
Bowersox, executive vice president of Geppi's Entertainment Museum.
The Camden Yards pop culture museum houses many "Star Wars"
collectibles and is expected to draw attendees from the
convention. "We're talking about generations upon generations who
loved the movies," Geppi-Bowersox said.

Baltimore is competing with Minneapolis, Chicago, Indianapolis and
Orlando, Fla., for the fan gathering to be known as Celebration V,
said Steve Sansweet, director of content management and head of fan
relations for Lucasfilm.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Wooo jooooo!!!! Anywhere will be fine with me!

Attachments

• CV_Starts_here.jpg
    CV_Starts_here.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 455

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Jedi Freezeman;80660 said:
I'd prefer any of the options besides Baltimore... (Come on Minneapolis!!!)

Count me in on that bandwagon... I'd be extraordinarily happy with Minneapolis or Chicago. Indianapolis is alright too. :cool:

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I honestly can't believe they're looking at Indianapolis again. I thought they had a ton of problems there because it was too small, and the lines... ohh the memories of the lines... I hope IGPPO's sign isn't a sign of things to come...

I missed C4 so I guess I'm on an Odd Year Celebration Rotation (even though I didn't go to C1 either...

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I haven't actually been to one before, so if it's in the Midwest it'll probably be my first! :)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Jedi Freezeman;80668 said:
I honestly can't believe they're looking at Indianapolis again. I thought they had a ton of problems there because it was too small, and the lines... ohh the memories of the lines... I hope IGPPO's sign isn't a sign of things to come...

I missed C4 so I guess I'm on an Odd Year Celebration Rotation (even though I didn't go to C1 either...

I liked Indy city-wise there were a lot of places to eat, and our hotel was connected to the con center via the mall, but the con center was waaaay too small. Maybe they could put some of it in the stadium this time.

Los Angeles was nice last year, but it was almost too big, they had us walking around barriers in empty rooms just to get to another empty room to walk through before we got to the room we whatever event was in. Plus I think there were less costumed ppl in L.A. because they weren't going to bring their armor on the plane, a more central location would be better.

But the store was 900% better at CIV. I have still never made it to the archive prop rooms, they were always packed.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
CIV was my first Celebration, and it was a blast. I think this weekend I will see the video from CIV to remember all the lines to Fanboy, Robot Chicken, Family Guy, the Vault Panel, Carrie Fisher's autograph, Billy Dee Williams, and specially when they close the door in my nose to Irvin Kershner's conference. :( (At least got his autograph via TTM :) ).

And who can forget the nice old guy in Hollywood that gave a nice hello to some of the Bothans. :)