New to the boards

malskelton29

New Recruit
Jedi_Joel;77482 said:
Yeah, I'm quite surprised he didn't return your stuff back to you asking for money.

In the return envelope he included a flyer explaining about his charity work and highlighted the charge for signing own items.

I'm obviously pleased that he did return the item, and I'm sure I will be making a contribution for his charity work.

Mal Skelton

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Woah! You got Dave Prowse!?! I'm jealous! I sent him some home-made cards and a $5.00 donation and he sent them all back unsigned about a week ago :(

RYAN-J

malskelton29

New Recruit
RYAN-J;77484 said:
Woah! You got Dave Prowse!?! I'm jealous! I sent him some home-made cards and a $5.00 donation and he sent them all back unsigned about a week ago :(

RYAN-J

Hey Ryan

When I read on the boards last week about Dave Prowse I was expecting a non-response - but then when I opened it on Monday I was blown away. All of the successes I've had from him over the last 15 years he has signed Dave Prowse is Darth Vader - this is my only example with just Dave Prowse ..... and it looks stunning ( in my humble opinion ).

Sent out two more yesterday ( Caroline Blakiston - Christopher Malcolm ) and then one more today ( George Roubicek - with the pen that Milton Johns returned ).

I was wondering if you could give me some advice regarding the high quality images you use - where do you get them ?

I want to put together a request for Mike Edmonds ( Logray ) but can't find a good quality picture that would work on my cards ( ie head and shoulders type shot )

Mal Skelton

Jedi_Joel

Agent
malskelton29;77486 said:
I was wondering if you could give me some advice regarding the high quality images you use - where do you get them ?
I get mine from various sources, but for what you're doing, getting screen captures from the DVDs should work just fine.

malskelton29

New Recruit
Jedi_Joel;77487 said:
I get mine from various sources, but for what you're doing, getting screen captures from the DVDs should work just fine.

What software do you use for the screengrabs ?

I've just finally got round to buying all 6 DVD's this last week - just always watched the videos

Mal Skelton

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
When I get my DVD screen grabs I just stick the DVD in my computer, find the scene I want and pause it. I then press the Ctrl (Control) key and Prt Scrn (Print Screen key) at the same time. I then save it to a folder. Then I just copy and paste it onto my photo. I then have to do some cropping & resizing but It all works out. It would be eaiser to explain if you could stop by my house :D But since your in England that would be kind of hard to do. :D

I'll look around and see if I can't find a good Edmonds photo for ya. Do you want him in costume or out?

RYAN-J

malskelton29

New Recruit
RYAN-J;77490 said:
When I get my DVD screen grabs I just stick the DVD in my computer, find the scene I want and pause it. I then press the Ctrl (Control) key and Prt Scrn (Print Screen key) at the same time. I then save it to a folder. Then I just copy and paste it onto my photo. I then have to do some cropping & resizing but It all works out. It would be eaiser to explain if you could stop by my house :D But since your in England that would be kind of hard to do. :D

I'll look around and see if I can't find a good Edmonds photo for ya. Do you want him in costume or out?

RYAN-J

Cool I'll give that a go this weekend - as for Edmonds, definitely in costume ..... as Logray would be awesome, as an Ugnaught as well would be amazing ( two autographs from 1 request would be superb ).

Mal Skelton

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Here's some large & small photo's of Logray. I hope they work for ya. I looked for a photo of an ugnaught but couldn't find one. I'll be on the look out though If one pops up. :)

RYAN-J

Attachments

• Logray_01.jpg
    Logray_01.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 433
  • Logray_02.jpg
    Logray_02.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 458
  • Logray_03.jpg
    Logray_03.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 462
  • Logray_04.jpg
    Logray_04.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 439

malskelton29

New Recruit
Hi guys

Just thought I would share this latest success with you - only took 7 days from posting to return and also returned the gold paint pen ( although the Royal Mail did manage to severely damage it !! )

Caroline Blakiston - personalised it ( which I don't mind ) although I've always been a fan of just a simple autograph, just so I can pass it onto my children and they can carry on the work in future.

Regards

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• BLAKISTON 01.jpg
    BLAKISTON 01.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 462

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Superb! I'm very impressed :) and it only took 7 days!?! Wow! I looked at the photo and it doesn't look damaged to me or was it the paint pen they damaged? Were you able to use those Mike Edmond photos I posted? Keep up the awesome job! :D

RYAN-J :cool:

malskelton29

New Recruit
RYAN-J;77528 said:
Superb! I'm very impressed :) and it only took 7 days!?! Wow! I looked at the photo and it doesn't look damaged to me or was it the paint pen they damaged? Were you able to use those Mike Edmond photos I posted? Keep up the awesome job! :D

RYAN-J :cool:

Hi Ryan

Sorry I wasn't clear - it was the paint pen they damaged, it is severely dented .... but I may be able to use it again.

The paint pen that came back from Milton Johns went out again last week - and returned home again yesterday !!

I got a nice success from George Roubicek - will post the scan as soon as I can. I also got my first disappointment, Peter Geddis signed and returned my card but he put it back into the plastic protector before the ink was dry.

Will try and resend again to him explaining what happened.

I haven't used the Logray pics yet - only had chance to make a couple of cards over the weekend, and decided to aim high ..... Carrie Fisher.

Will see what today brings

Mal Skelton

malskelton29

New Recruit
As promised, here's the scan of the latest reply - George Roubicek, took less than a week and returned the paint pen !!

A couple more may be in the mail today if I get out at lunch time

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• ROUBICEK.jpg
    ROUBICEK.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 469

malskelton29

New Recruit
Thought I would update this thread with my latest successes from this last weekend.

When I started my new design and collection I identifed my top ten from each of the six films - please see the top ten threads for the full list - my choices were based purely on living cast members ( obviously with this design cut signatures is more difficult ).

From Episode V : Empire Strikes Back, this character / actor was clearly my #1 choice. I believe his impact on the film is greater than his screentime, perhaps only Lando can rival him for impact ( but I've always been a fan of the baddies ).

So without further ado - I present autographs number #10 & #11

JEREMY BULLOCH

I posted these last Wednesday, received them back signed on Friday with a small note saying he was off to Canada.

How amazing a turnaround is that !

The Fett card is now the centrepiece of my collection

Thanks

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• AUTO CARD - JEREMY BULLOCH SIGNED 02.jpg
    AUTO CARD - JEREMY BULLOCH SIGNED 02.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 391
  • AUTO CARD - JEREMY BULLOCH SIGNED 01.jpg
    AUTO CARD - JEREMY BULLOCH SIGNED 01.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 412

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Those look awesome Mal! Jeremy is so nice to his fans! Can't wait to see who you get next! ;)

RYAN-J

malskelton29

New Recruit
Thought I would update with two new successes, both from my Top Ten of each film.

Firstly, Dermot Crowley was gracious enough to sign for me ( the ink from the pen is a problem - I think it may be to do with sending paint markers in winter ).

Secondly, my Wattographs purchase came in - Ahmed Best !!!

He didn't use the gold paint pen I sent along with the card, as Scott said he was going to, but the paint pen they used wasn't too bad.

Haven't sent out many requests the last couple of weeks, will get back on track eventually

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• AUTO CARD - AHMED BEST SIGNED 01.jpg
    AUTO CARD - AHMED BEST SIGNED 01.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 417
  • AUTO CARD - DERMOT CROWLEY SIGNED 01.jpg
    AUTO CARD - DERMOT CROWLEY SIGNED 01.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 433