Christine Hewett passes away

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
446f1d85b1278f.jpg
Nearly 30 years ago, a little science fiction film called Star Wars opened, and forever changed the way space movies were to be made. From innovative special effects to the classic story to the introduction of a more realistic 'used universe', Star Wars became an instant cultural phenomenon.

Of course, all good stories need original and interesting characters. No scene in Star Wars captured the imagination due to its diversity of characters quite like the Cantina in Mos Eisley. Whether it was people in costumes or in some cases heads held up in front of the camera on sticks, the aliens in the Cantina made for one of the most enduring scenes of the entire Saga.

Among the ugly, the alien, and the bizarre, was a gorgeous woman who spoke not a word but somehow fit right in with the rest of the patrons. She would come to be known to fans as Brea Tonnika.

Christine Hewett passed away yesterday from cancer. We are very saddened by this news and offer our deepest condolences.

Barada

Saboteur
I know I'm not around much anymore, but I JUST found out about this.

I feel sick to my stomach about this. I just feel honoured that in the emails I shared with her, I got to see some of her personal side, and she will never be forgotten by me.

RIP Christine.

Ian

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Very sad news to hear. My thoughts are with her family.

Christine's interview with us was always special, even more so now.