CIV report

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Everything is going well here in LA. The lines are much better than CIII. We were in and out of the store in about 20 minutes, there was no line at 11 p.m. I don't think there was much of a line any other time either.

Warren and I are picking up as many extra freebies as we can, so expect some awesome giveaways after we return and get our act together.

We met with Barrie, Bear, and Tim Dry and are lining up some future interviews with others here at the con.

Passersby like our TBS shirts, one kid passed Megatron yesterday and said "SSSSPPPYYYY!!"

Saw Carrie Fisher last night, she gave a great talk and Q&A about SW, showed us her cosmic tattoo, which she said looks like a bruise, talked about how there is no underwear in space, how she rented a house from a Monty Python while filming ESB, who kept returning home although she had rented it, and how one night she went downstairs to discover the Rolling Stones (in her kitchen I think) and the Pythons having some horrible liquor from Tunisia (they were filming Life of Brian at the time), Harrison Ford was there and she said the next day at work, they weren't hung over...they were still drunk. That's why they are so smiley in the arrival at Cloud City scene. ;)

Saw a 45 minute sneak peek at the movie Fanboys, starring Kirsten Bell and Jay B. (whose last name I don't remember but he was Steven Karp on Undeclared and stars in Knocked Up). That looks hilarious.

Saw Seth Green and Seth McFarlane at panels about Robot Chicken and The Family Guy, respectively. Robot Chicken will have a half hour SW ep on June 17, and Family guy will have an hour long SW ep as their season premiere in the fall! They showed us clips from both, and they were great.

We got locked out of Irvin Kershner, hopefully we'll see panels with Ray Park and Billy Dee Williams today.

Played the Droid Hunt yesterday, we'll find out if we won anything at their booth today.

Kessel Run is tomorrow, it should be fun, we might be calling some of you as our lifelines!

I better go get in line, the doors open in 20 minutes.

-Erica

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
That sounds awesome. Hung out with the wife and another couple Friday night. We watched "Star Wars Deleted Magic" "Building Empire" and "Returning to Jedi" in hommage. Good stuff.

Thanks again to skel who's snagging some autographs for me. Wish we could have gone!

Sarasotarockstr

Nice pics! Looks like a lot of fun.

That might be a neat addition to the boards - a thread that has photos of us Bothans with the SW people we've met? Maybe it's been done, but thought it may be pretty cool.

B

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Those look awesome!! Who's the guy with the mohawk? Is it Skel?:eek: Looks cool:cool:

RYAN-J

Sarasotarockstr

Unless I'm totally off from my memory of meeting Wookie & Skel at SW Weekends, I believe Skel is the guy in the Blue Harvest shirt with all of the actors. Not sure who the mohawk guy is - was curious myself.

Megatron

New Recruit
I the rarest of all bothans am the one with the mohawk. I am one of skels friends from New Orleans:p
P.S.
Hi Nice to meet you guys!

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Very nice...

I was there in spirit with the G4 and History Channel specials :D

Can't wait to see more pics and here more about the Con!!!

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Megatron;74861 said:
I the rarest of all bothans am the one with the mohawk. I am one of skels friends from New Orleans:p
P.S.
Hi Nice to meet you guys!

AHHHHHHH! You should post here more often!;) It's a great forum!:D :D

RYAN-J

dahoov2

New Recruit
Nice to see what you guys look like. I am making plans for the next one as I am sorry I missed this one! I'll start saving NOW.
Anyway, you guys look like you had fun. What was your best experience there?

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Hi all, finally arrived to my home after almost 12 hours of travelling (The flight from Philladelphia to San Juan was delayed due to a malfunction.)

It was great meeting all the Bothans that went to C4 and hope one day met the rest of you. (Hint: Never use WC as a navigator for directions). :)

Hope tomorrow I will post some of the photos that I have. See you all later!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah...we got where we wanted to go. :p If you want to know about getting lost...ask AmShak about WC driving us to Disney to meet Rick McCallum. ;)

Sarasotarockstr

How do you get lost heading to Disney World? There's only about 100,000 signs....though I've known people who got lost on International Drive and never returned...lol.

I'll tell the Mouse House you said hello. It's Gay Days this weekend as well so that coupled with this being the first weekend means that it should be INSANE at MGM. Going to have to get there really early to get those auto tickets.