080 - Irvin Kershner (Director ESB)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Irvin_Kershner.jpg

A graduate of the University of Southern California’s Film School, Irvin Kershner started his career filming documentaries for the U. Information Services, and later producing other documentaries for television. His big break into cinema came when he directed Stakeout on Dope Street for producer Roger Corman. From there he directed various television episodes and films, helming several notable films and working with numerous prestigious actors. Among his directing credits are Return of a Man Called Horse (starring Richard Harris and featuring Star Wars Trilogy actor Lightning Bear), Never Say Never Again (the counter-franchise second James Bond film from 1983), Robocop 2, and one segment of Steven Speilberg’s Amazing Stories. He is also perhaps best recognized for directing The Empire Strikes Back, a job he initially turned down. George Lucas was a student of his at USC, and Kershner eventually came around, agreeing to direct what today is considered by many to be the best Star Wars film.

You can check out Mr. Kershner’s IMDB page here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0449984/

Star Wars Insider Magazine issues #27 and #49 have interviews with Mr. Kershner.

Mr. Kershner on occasion does private signings and has recently begun signing through the mail. The address below, originally posted by Sarasotarockstr, has achieved much success. Numerous requests have been filled in the past six months, most of them taking less than a month. Mr. Kershner seems willing sign most anything sent to him….although some glossy items have led to poor signatures due to markers not taking to the items.

Irvin Kershner
3090 Franklin Canyon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0080 Irvin KershnerA002.jpg
    0080 Irvin KershnerA002.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 426
  • 0080 Irvin Kershner ep5 4.jpg
    0080 Irvin Kershner ep5 4.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 464
  • 0080 Irvin Kershner ep5 5.jpg
    0080 Irvin Kershner ep5 5.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 433
  • 0080 Irvin Kershner ep5 6.jpg
    0080 Irvin Kershner ep5 6.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 442

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
you can find my Kershner success HERE

55 days

Attachments

• 0080 Irvin KershnerA001 success.jpg
    0080 Irvin KershnerA001 success.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 434
  • 0080 Irvin KershnerA002 success.jpg
    0080 Irvin KershnerA002 success.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 404
  • 0080 Irvin KershnerA003 success.jpg
    0080 Irvin KershnerA003 success.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 395

Matt

New Recruit
A great success from Mr. Kershner today, he signed my 2 cards, widevision and mini-poster. He signed the poster on the front and the widevision on the back next to his photo which makes sense. The other 2 cards were signed on the back but hey, I can live with that!
He also answered my questions on the back of my letter.
This took 7 weeks from the UK using the address above.

Attachments

• 2007_0522prague0015.JPG
    2007_0522prague0015.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 403

Yodasnews

New Recruit
A little over 2 years after I sent my letter, I got a reply :)

Attachments

• IMG00806.jpg
    IMG00806.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 371

SWfan

Infiltrator
On January 6 I got a letter from Coolwaters in my SASE saying if I want his autograph then to get it from their signing. Today I got a letter from Coolwaters with my unsigned items saying that their last letter had been misinterpreted by some fans so to make up for their mistake they sent me a coupon for free return shipping if I buy an autograph from the signing and a free signed photo of Jesse Jensen!

Yodasnews

New Recruit
SWfan;82433 said:
On January 6 I got a letter from Coolwaters in my SASE saying if I want his autograph then to get it from their signing. Today I got a letter from Coolwaters with my unsigned items saying that their last letter had been misinterpreted by some fans so to make up for their mistake they sent me a coupon for free return shipping if I buy an autograph from the signing and a free signed photo of Jesse Jensen!

I got the same letter from CoolWaters saying I needed to buy it, but in the same envelope was the signed item I sent. Weird.