AOTC and Racism article

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, this has been making the rounds today - even on cable news channels. And yes, it's ridiculous. Ever since Jar Jar, it must be the thing to do - accuse Lucas of being a racist.

But, if you want a laugh, you should check out the first part of Chasing Amy by Kevin Smith for his take on Star Wars racism.

Theo

New Recruit
Well, as far as the fans go, i think Jango will be loved. Same as Mace.

Those people haven't a clue.

JediBeagle

New Recruit
Isnt it amazing what people can make up just to have something to ***** about.....especailly when it comes to Lucas and Star Wars.
You dont see people throwing around racist accusations about other movies for instance "Undercover Brother" where the whole basis of the movie is a black agent who pretends to act stereotypically white to track down the bad guy convienently named "The Man". These people need to get a life. :toed:

Captain REX

New Recruit
And they don't say anything about there being clones when that is a big issue in the world today. What a load of bull****!!! :mad:

Why, hello Martina Guzman... :saber:

Besides, they should be happy, if they are such Ku Klux Klan haters. Samuel L. Jackson is black, Temuera Morrison is New Zealander, and so on. The original cast was mostly American, so they're just being bastards. :rolleyes:

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Captain REX
Besides, they should be happy, if they are such Ku Klux Klan haters. Samuel L. Jackson is black, Temuera Morrison is New Zealander, and so on. The original cast was mostly American, so they're just being bastards. :rolleyes:

If you mean the Original ORIGINAL cast, they were mostly Brits

Barada

Saboteur
Well.....the starring roles all went to Americans. The biggest non-Yankee was Alec Guiness, who was in more of a supporting role in the original trilogy as Obi-Wan.

Of course, there were lots of Brits there - Dave Prowse, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Cushing, Peter Mayhew, etc., but none of these could be considered the "stars".

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
you forgot Jeremy Bulloch, Ian McDiarmid, Denis Lawson, Shelagh Fraser, Garrick Hagon, Jack Purvis, Kenneth Colley, Sebastian Shaw, Warwick Davis, Caroline Blakiston,

Barada

Saboteur
Well....I thought five examples were enough to give. The point was even though the movies were overwhelmingly cast with British actors, the principle roles went to Yankees. Borsk, are you picking fights with us British folks? :toed:

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Borsk
yeah, mostly villians...appropriate..:evil:

yeah, you only got involved in the war when YOUR country was threatened. Where were you before that...clucking away?

Captain REX

New Recruit
We saved OURSELVES from WWII. There would have been much more American and Japanese soldiers lost (millions) if we didn't drop THE BOMB!!!

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

:stupid: Just a little too sensitive me thinks... "Some" people (self righteous groups) :bash: spend far too much time finding faults in everything they see and hear,
and ignoring the big picture.:monkey2: If you look hard enough, EVERY movie has a hint of racism in it... If you LOOK hard enough, but
frankly, I don't have that much time on my hands.
The sad truth is that racism will never go away, as much as we would like it to.
Hell... I seem to remember a huge uproar from our friends to the south of us, when they heard that an actual "CANADIAN"
was going to play Anakin... Yeeesh!
But on the other hand we did let loose Céline Dion and Bryan Adams onto the unsuspecting public, and have apologized on several occasions!

To all my fellow Canucks... July 1st baby!!!!!
:cflag: :rockon: :canada:

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Captain REX
We saved OURSELVES from WWII. There would have been much more American and Japanese soldiers lost (millions) if we didn't drop THE BOMB!!!

Just a thought, but how many lives would have been saved if the US were involved in WW II from the start...?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
And what IF Chamberlain had acted differently.

You could go around in circles forever with these "what ifs".