Canadians and Hockey

Barada

Saboteur
SNOWTROOPERS sounds good to me! I'm a little surprised at how many of our great nation's residents are on board here. Is Hasbro Canada watching?

Barada

Darth Canuck

New Recruit
Well said Barada! It's about time they finally woke up and noticed how much us Canadians spend on Star Wars toys. Maybe in the future it'll be the American's who look to us to get them exclusives! :evil: I won't hold my breath though.

Barada

Saboteur
Yeah right Darth Canuck. They're just getting us back for 1985 (Yak Face anyone?). :argue:

Barada

Darth Canuck

New Recruit
Yeah. I wish I could say I got one though. They didn't make it up here in the North. :( That 1985 POTF line is the only hole in my collection. Thanks for reminding me!:evil: God I love that evil smiley.

Talon

New Recruit
Let the flames begin

Are you guys still mad because we now dominate you guys in hockey and have taken over your GREAT sport?
Hey I'm just kidding...I don't want to be a target for your frustrations.
I love Canada, even tried to talk my wife into going there.
:stupid:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
:canada: Maybe this will make them happy. New smilies uploaded (like we needed MORE?)

Darth Canuck

New Recruit
Don't go there Talon

Trust me you don't want to get into a discussion about hockey with a Canadian. Or in this case a batallion of them.:saber:

Thanks for the Canadian smiley Borsk :canada: Just to be fair, don't you have an American one?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
:usa: :aussie: :cflag: :vader: :no: :yawn: :rockon: :celebrate: :worship:

I think that's all that I added...

Barada

Saboteur
Woah there Talon. We just got bored with year after year of the Stanley Cup, so we have put it on loan to you guys for a little bit. Don't worry, the hockey gods will bring the Cup back to where it rightfully belongs this year - LEAFLAND! Go Leafs Go! :worship:

By the way, Talon, I notice you're in Florida. How are the Panthers and Lightning doing these days? hehehe

Wait a minute. Are we like way off topic here? We have gone from welcoming another Canuck to the site to cheap shots about hockey teams in the same thread over the course of a matter of hours.

Star Wars rules! Star Wars rules! Star Wars rules!

There, that feels better.

Barada :kiss:

Talon

New Recruit
Darth Canuck/Barada

My Dear Canadian Friends

I was only having a little fun with you. I didn't mean for you guys to get all in an uproar, I know how much hockey means to you. I love hockey too it's my favorite sport. I hate the Lightning,and the Panthers (my favorite team) are 1 and 2. But the last time a Canadian team won the cup was in 92-93 the Habs. Maybe WE will let you have the cup this year.
Don't make me send the Hanson Bros after you
:usa: :canada:

Barada

Saboteur
Hey Talon - I'm sure you saw the attempt at humor in my posts. I'm not upset at all - until you mentioned the Habs winning the Cup. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! That foul taste was just out of my mouth, and there you go bringing it up again.:D

Seriously, I, like most Canadians, and an ever-increasing number of Americans, love the game of hockey. The year the Panthers went to the Cup final, they were my fave team behind Toronto. To see them go down to that great, but highly egotistical Patrick Roy hurts almost as much as seeing the Leafs knocked out year after year. Bring back Mellanby and the Rat Tricks!

Take care everyone!

Barada

Darth Canuck

New Recruit
Hey Borsk

I've only got one thing to say about your smiley additions; Impresive. Most Impresive. But you are not a jedi yet.:vader: Maybe soon though.:worship:

Talon

New Recruit
Barada-

Yes I did notice the humor in your post. I love hockey and have since I was a kid. 95-96 was a great year for the Panthers. I hope that we can regain some of that magic this year.
I do want to get your opinon on the whole Berard situation though. What do you think about him going to the Rangers? Actually the Rangers were my favorite team until the Cats came along. I am glad he is back to playing after the severity of the injury he suffered. I am also glad he didn't go to the Flyers. I hate them like poison.

Darth Canuck

New Recruit
The Senators rule!

Hey about the hockey subject you guys. You've both got it all wrong. Both the Leafs and Habs suck! The Senators are now the Canadian team to beat. I still can't beleive Toronto paid how many million for Sundin when they could have had Lindros.:stupid: Actually I'm a Flyers fan and glad to see Eric leave. The Senators are my Canadian team.:cflag:

Barada

Saboteur
Hi Talon. Hockey good. Flyers bad. Bryan Berard? I'm very happy that he is playing. He had so much potential, that it was a true tragedy when he got hit. I was watching that game live when it happened, and I still remember shuddering at the sight of all the blood under his face on the ice. I understand his desire to not only play hockey, but to be near his family as well. However, he has left a sour taste on Leaf fans' mouths. I can't help but feel he shafted the Leafs. After all they did for him to help him recover financially, emotionally, he goes and just leaves. At the very least, I think he owed it to the team to ask for a trade to New York before he did what he did.

I truly despise the Flyers. I don't like laughing at other teams (except in jest), but I sure had a smile on my face the last couple of seasons when Toronto and then Buffalo took that highly over-rated team out in the first round of the playoffs. Bobby Clarke is an a$$hole, and I hope he ruins the team so they can fire him soon. Somehow, I doubt it's going to happen, but you can always hope.

I think the Panthers are going to surprise a few teams this year. You can't lose forever with a superstar like Pavel Bure on your team. My hope? The Leafs meet the Panthers is the Eastern Final. It won't happen, but that is what I'd like to see. it doesn't matter either, because I think the Red Wings will take it this year.

That's it for now.

Barada

Talon

New Recruit
You know Darth Canuck, here I am thinking you are a good guy and then you tell me that you are a Flyers fan! What is the problem? They are a bunch of over rated crybabies. They are still whining about Dan Boyle taking out Dopita, with a clean and legal hit.
:p

Darth Canuck

New Recruit
Yeah, well incase you haven't heard your ex-team, the Rangers, now have the biggest cry baby in the league!:D
Gotta go now Talon. You'll never guess who I just got an email from. The Cryptster! I'm gonna go check it out.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Hockey? What's that? :confused:

Maybe we should give this so called "Hockey" it's own forum?

There, that should make the Canadians mad again....:evil: