New Futurama Episodes

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
ComingSoon.net posted the following:

Comedy Central Resurrects Futurama
Source: Variety June 23, 2006

Comedy Central has resurrected the former Fox series Futurama, ordering 13 episodes to debut in 2008. The deal builds upon the cable channel's acquisition of the 72-episode library last fall.

Discussions about a revival of the half-hour began in earnest earlier this year between Futurama producer 20th Century Fox Television and series creators Matt Groening and David X. Cohen.

Actors Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio are onboard for the new episodes that will continue the story of the pizza delivery boy, accidentally frozen for 1,000 years, who wakes up in the future.

Futurama has traveled a course similar to that of animated series Family Guy, which also was cancelled and later brought back after DVD releases and off-network repeats grew a new fanbase.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Woo joo. Futurama always has been one of my favorite series. I even like it more than the Simpsons. I never understood why Family Guy was "rescued" from cancelation limbo and this series not.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Darth Boru said:
Fantastic. Have to agree with whats been said - would prefer Futurama over Family guy anytime!

Both shows i have a good laugh at...good to see it's got a second chance...