062 - Peter Geddis (ANH Captain Raymus Antilles)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Peter_Geddis.jpg

Mr. Geddis has a wide range of British movies and television shows to his credit, including episodes of Poirot, Sherlock Holmes, and even Z-Cars. In A New Hope, Mr. Geddis played the ill fated Captain Antilles, in command of Princess Leia's ship, the Tantive IV. He doesn't divulge any Rebel plans to Lord Vader, and as a result doesn't survive his "interrogation."

You can check out Mr. Geddis' filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0311474/

Mr. Geddis is another recently discovered signer. He seems happy to sign items sent to him, sometimes writing a note in response. Most people have received a response in about a month. This is an exceptional opportunity to get a great signature from A New Hope.

Peter Geddis
c/o Brown & Simcocks,
1 Bridgehouse Court,
109 Blackfriars Road,
London SE1 8HW
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0062 Peter Geddis ep4 1.jpg
    0062 Peter Geddis ep4 1.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 826
  • 0062 Peter Geddis ep4 2.2.jpg
    0062 Peter Geddis ep4 2.2.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 708
  • 0062 Peter Geddis ep4 3.2.jpg
    0062 Peter Geddis ep4 3.2.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 584
  • 0062 Peter Geddis ep4 4.jpg
    0062 Peter Geddis ep4 4.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 911

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Re: TBS Autograph Project 062 - Peter Geddis (ANH Captain Raymus Antilles)

Mailed out a letter, 8x10, SASE, and 2 IRCs. 3/25 and received it back on 4/24, for a total of 29 days. Recieved the photo back signed with a long letter back answering my questions about his part in Star Wars.
869475eg.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Got a resposne today, in only 26 days :) Mr. Geddis personalized my index card. I also sent two trading cards, but they were returned unsigned. Still, very happy with the response. :D

Attachments

• TBS_Geddis_Sig.jpg
    TBS_Geddis_Sig.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 524

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows

Man, I didn't expect these UK successes back so quickly! Today brought three good envelopes and one so-so.

I'll post this message in both SW success threads for each actor.

1) Peter Geddis aka Capt. Antilles signed and personalized the 8x10 I sent him.

2) Michael Culver aka Capt. Needa signed and personalized the 8x10 I sent him.

Both were mailed on 6/7, received on 6/17. Included one IRC each.

Non Star Wars - Ralph Fiennes signed an 8x10 for me and one of him as Voldemort for my fiance that I sent c/o of the play he's doing with Ian McDiarmid. Awesome success!

Finally got a pre-print back from Jaime Pressly. Can't win em all.

Photos & Addresses used on my site. Thanks again Bothans.

darthskelington said:
Got a resposne today, in only 26 days :) Mr. Geddis personalized my index card. I also sent two trading cards, but they were returned unsigned. Still, very happy with the response. :D

Why?He don't sign any trading card?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Not sure....some cards are hard to write on, so maybe he didn't want to risk screwing one up/be bothered. Or, maybe he just felt like signing only one item. I usually ask politely if a celebrity will sign one of my enclosed items.....sometimes I get what I ask for. :p

darthskelington said:
Not sure....some cards are hard to write on, so maybe he didn't want to risk screwing one up/be bothered. Or, maybe he just felt like signing only one item. I usually ask politely if a celebrity will sign one of my enclosed items.....sometimes I get what I ask for. :p

Are those 2 cards you sent also included him?I think some signers didn't sign items that without their images:cool:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Yes, they were both cards of Vader choking Captain Antilles......I think one was a topps widevision (glossy and hard to write on).....the other I think was a Merlin regular sized trading card featuring the same image.

Too bad,I have 3 or 4,all same image as Vader choking Antillies from different trading card sets which I'm plan for him to sign:(

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
My request has been out for 191 days (since 7/21/06). Darn. Just posting an update in case anybody was considering this address.

Jay

New Recruit
I have a request ready to go but he seems not to be signing TTM anymore. I might wait till after Celebration Europe -where he'll probably be.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I haven't seen any recent successes. :( I did a quick search of Startiger and Wattographs databases and found nothing after 2006. In late 2006 he started returning fan mail stating he no longer signed SW items due to "copyright reasons." I have no idea what real reason there is not to sign..after all...it's his autograph. 2005-2006 was about the time Official Pix became the sole liscenced dealer of SW photos...so I know there were some issues back then. I don't know who or what was causing actors to stop signing various items, or Star Wars items at all. I know some actors were very adamant about only signing Official Pix photos...so they must have gotten the scare treatment from someone. I seem to recall someone had refused to sign vintage trading cards or magazines becausse they were not OP....which is strange because they were liscenced lucasfilm products...albeit old ones.

Haven't heard anything like that in recent years.

Skywalker

New Recruit
I heard he won't sign anymore because of copyright reasons, but no idea if it's true. Would be too bad.

My god, It was me who researched him some years ago and I was the first one who ever got his signature on Star Was pics! The good old days.