064 - Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Jimmy_Smits.jpg

Mr. Smits is well known for his run on NYPD Blue as Detective Bobby Simone. More recently, he has appeared on The West Wing as Congressman Matthew Santos. Mr. Smits' film career got started in the early 80's with various roles on shows like Miami Vice, and eventually a role in Stephen King's The Tommyknockers. For the more obscure, Mr. Smits played "Your Authorized Conky Repairman" in an episode of Pee-Wee's Playhouse. For Star Wars fans, he is known as Bail Organa, adoptive father of Princess Leia, and appeared in both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

You can check out Mr. Smits' filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001751/

Mr. Smits is gracious signer for his fans, and will gladly sign and personlize items sent to him (even Star Wars ones). He sometimes sends out his own photos as well. Many people receive a speedy response...less than two weeks sometimes. Rare occasions take longer....probably due to his schedule and/or mail delays.

Jimmy Smits
Box 49922
Barrington Station
Los Angeles, CA 90049
USA

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0064 Jimmy Smits ep2 1.jpg
    0064 Jimmy Smits ep2 1.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 497
  • 0064 Jimmy Smits ep3 1.jpg
    0064 Jimmy Smits ep3 1.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 0064 Jimmy Smits ep3 2.jpg
    0064 Jimmy Smits ep3 2.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 530

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Re: TBS Autograph Project 064 - Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa)

Just Sent a letter out to him today!!:D :D

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Cool. Glad to see a new face here too. I wrote him before AOTC came out and he signed my index and sent a B&W 8X10 of himself...both personalized.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Will do. I'll try and get it up later tonight..but it'll prob be tomorrow. :cool:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Here's what I received back in 2002 :)

Attachments

• TBS_Smits _sig.jpg
    TBS_Smits _sig.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 516

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
a success of sorts ...
I sent him 4 items, the 3 images i added to the first post of this thread and the one i'm posting below. I also sent a large return envelope, in case he wanted to throw in one of those 8x10's. What i got back was the one that is posted below. he kept the others. This is fine, i'm glad he signed and returned one item, but it's odd to me. I have had people not sign everything i have sent them, but they have always returned my items. It makes me wonder if there are reasons for this in terms "what" i sent him. perhaps he didn't like my letter.

anyway, a fast response that i am pleased with
11 days

Attachments

• 0064 Jimmy Smits epX 1 success.jpg
    0064 Jimmy Smits epX 1 success.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 471

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Perhaps he's joined the "I'm not allowed to sign anything Star Wars related" crowd? Nice success. I've had a request out to him for ages with no response.

DarthNervous

Jedi Healer
I almost see it like getting Halloween candy....make sure there's enough for everybody/don't get greedy type of philosophy.

I have never sent more than two photos to someone. If I want more, I just re-write them and send a couple of more. I did that with Julian Glover like three times over the last two years and a couple of others.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
I sent 4 items with my letter (One for my friend Sandy, one for Me, and two for my cousins Cody and Austin) I asked him to sign all 4 if he had time but if he didn't one would be fine. Hopefully he will sign all of them!:D

RYAN J.

Got success today.Sent 4 cards and returned one signed,kept others.Also returned the IRC.I'm very happy that Jimmy did signed on one of the sw trading cards I sent,not index card.Took 30 days.Will post pic later:p

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Bounty CK, That's the same card I sent Mr. Smits too! Hopefully he'll sign it!!

RYAN J.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Well my items, or should I say Item arrived back from Jimmy Smits today!! I sent him 3 Topps WV Cards: AOTC #2, AOTC #77,
ROTS #50 on January 30th 2007. He replied February 7th 2007. He only personalized & signed the AOTC #77 but kept the other 2
cards =( He did use my SASE. IMO he could have at the very least sent the other 2 cards back unsigned instead of keeping them.
if anyone has a spare AOTC WideVision #2 they want to sell or give away please let me know, I had doubles of the ROTS #50 but not of the #2 AOTC card.

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Jimmy_Smits_Envelope.jpg

Autograph:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Jimmy_Smits_Autograph.jpg

Sent: January 30th 2007

Replied: February 7th 2007

Days taken to respond: 8

RYAN J.