Celebration 2. The Toys

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Less than two weeks away from Attack of the Clones, the City of Indianapolis became the center of attraction for thousands of fans from all over the world to meet and celebrate the Silver Anniversary of Star Wars, A New Hope. An estimated of over 70,000 visitors gathered from May 3-5 at the huge convention center in Indianapolis and were able to seclude themselves in a world filled with nothing but Star Wars. Besides the many different activities offered, Hasbro's area in the Exhibitor's Hall offered the Toy Museum, gathering all the Star Wars toys ever produced from the vintage years up to the last Power of the Jedi offerings. Take a look at some of the upcoming toys, the toy museum and more.Enjoy the pics!

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
celebration 2

Attachments

• attack of the clones variation2222222.jpg
    attack of the clones variation2222222.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 494

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
CELEBRATION 2. MEETING WITH FRIENDS.

Attachments

• attack of the clones variation222222.jpg
    attack of the clones variation222222.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 471

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Ishi, thanks for the great pics. Have to congrat you on the pro type shots of the figures.

Did you happen to get a good shot of the 501st Imperial Squadron in full regalia? I saw a few shots of the group on the back steps (?) of the convention center, but there were too many fan heads in the frame. Any unobstructed shot of the group by you? Would love to see. DS

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Thanks for the comments Redleader and Deathstar. My stay at Celebration 2, unfortunately was only 5 hours long, alone with four "take offs" and four "landings" at three different airports but I enjoyed being able to see all the real fans and real collectors gathering and truly behaving in a very educated way celebrating the Silver Anniversary of our beloved Saga. It was also great being able to meet face to face for the first time with our own Barada and with Vaughn from Sandtroopers. They are two great guys who really understand the meaning of collecting, sharing the goods and most of all being true friends. Unfortunately Deathstar, these were all the shots I got from the Celebration; my camera went bad and I was unable to get any more pictures. I'm glad you guys like the shots but Barada was the man of the hour; he really went crazy with his camera and as a result you can see lots of great pictures.

max one

New Recruit
great looking pics,really wish i was able to attend, but was at work sat and sun for a combined 26.4hrs, no fun.:(

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
All the photos look fantastic and really give a sense of what C2 was all about. Good job Barada and Ishi. :rockon:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
ALL comments that did not apply to the subject of this thread have been removed.

Anyone wishing to discuss the issue that was not related to this thread may contact me.

amshak@thebothanspy.com

Have a nice day:)

BTW... nice pics from both Ishi and Barada.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Excellent pictures Ishi, looks like a great time was had by all....
gotta love the new 12"Dooku and Clonetroopers. they look great

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Well, Nightwing I would have to say from the Vintage Line, the carded Vlix figure as well as the carded Boba Fett with firing jet pack.
Now from the figures coming out this year, I'll have to say the fan's choice figure number 3, Ephant Mon. I mean, he is huge and extremely detailed. I'm just trying to figure out how big of a package it will have. I'm sure a lot of people will like it.

Darth aussie, to be honest with you I'm not a big fan of the 12" line; I basically collect 12 inchers as long as they come packed with a beast or a really cool accessory (speeder bike) But...if there is one next 12" figure I will buy, it will be Count Dooku. The likeness of the figure to the real life character is amazing and his outfit fits him perfect. Think of it as one of those 12 inchers Marmit makes. Oh yeah!..Ki-Adi Mundi rocks! nicely made figure and better yet is the fact that as recently stated by Hasbro, every Jedi Council member will be released for the 12" line through the Fan Club. The sculpts for the 12" figures are getting much, much better, more realistic that is.

Thanks Borsk and Amshak for your comments about our pictures. It was great being able to get the shots and bring them to you all to enjoy