What Summer Blockbuster Are You Anticipating the Most?

What Summer Blockbuster Do You Want To See Most?

• Mission Impossible 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Da Vinci Code

• Cars

• Poseidon

• Total voters

Barada

Saboteur
Pretty easy question. What is #1, if any of these choices, on your list of movies to see this summer?

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Pirates, barely beats out X3. Then I guess SUpes is next. I not a huge Superman fan, but I am lookin forward to the movie. ;) Not sure what Poseidon is. :confused:

Barada

Saboteur
It was X3 for me, but I've caught the Superman bug.

Couldn't care less about Pirates - I still haven't seen the first one.

Btw, Poseidon is a big-budget remake of 70's disaster flick The Poseidon Adventure, and is starring Kurt Russell, about survivors trying to escape a cruise ship overturned by a tidal wave. It's got my interest, because the original with Gene Hackman was awesome.

Barada

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Didn't think I'd like a 'pirate' flick but PoC was very well done. Looking forward to the second. X3 could be good... next would be Superman...

Not at all interested in Poseiden- maybe wait for DVD release.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The first Pirates of the Caribbean movie was way better than I expected. So, I voted for it's sequel.

I'll definately go see the third X-Men movie. So, I guess it comes in 2nd (they pick some dumb names for these though).

Superman Returns is 3rd. Honestly, I don't know much about it. I've never been a big Superman fan. I guess Kevin Smith was supposed to write it at one point and it fell through.

The Da Vinci Code might be cool, but I haven't read the book. So, I don't know much about it. I suppose I don't think of this type of movie as a "blockbuster".

I don't know much about Cars or Poseidon. I remember liking the first Poseidon movie, but I think I saw it when I was 10.

Mission Impossible 2 sucked. I have no interest at all in Mission Impossible 3.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Borsk said:
Mission Impossible 2 sucked. I have no interest at all in Mission Impossible 3.

Yeah..me too. First one was really good. Cinematography on second was excellent (go John Woo!), but an utter lack of plot and acting sank it. Plus, I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. He's kind of an @**. :p

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
darthskelington said:
Yeah..me too. First one was really good. Cinematography on second was excellent (go John Woo!), but an utter lack of plot and acting sank it. Plus, I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. He's kind of an @**. :p
First one was alright. I could have done without the crazy helicoptor ending, but whatevah. Things the first one had going for it: Jon Voight, Jean Reno, Ving Rhames and Emanuelle Beart. And what did MI:2 have?...Thandie Newton

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah..the helicopter was a little cheesy. Forgot about that. :p Otherwise, very enjoyable. MI:2....jousting motorcycles....:confused: Angain, I still like John Woo's action sequences. Gotta love the doves :D

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Aside from these movies, I'm also eagerly awaiting V for Vendetta as well because it looks like it's going to be a good movie, and more importantly, it has Natalie Portman in it!
portman0iy.jpg
:hello:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Jedi_Joel said:
Aside from these movies, I'm also eagerly awaiting V for Vendetta as well because it looks like it's going to be a good movie, and more importantly, it has Natalie Portman in it!

Hugo Weaving also. March 17.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking at IMDB.com and the upcoming schedule. Here's some other movies:

"Nacho Libre" is by the same guy that did "Napolean Dynamite" - it comes out June 2nd.

"Lady in the Water" by M. Night Shyamalan - it comes out on July 21st.

"World Trade Center" by Oliver Stone - August 11th.

"For Your Consideration" by Christopher Guest - Sept 22nd.

"The Good Shepherd". Robert De Niro movie about the CIA (w/ Matt Damon and Angelina Jolie) - December 22nd.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Pirates for me - the first one was awesome.

X3 would come in second, although without Singer directing, I have reservations about that.

Cars should be pretty cool. Pixar haven't done a bad one yet, but maybe they're due??

MI 3 will probably suck. The second one did.

Superman without the real man of steel - Christopher Reeves, should just not be made - my 2 cents anyway.

Poseidon doesn't really interest me, but Da Vinci might merit a look (judegment withheld).

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Darth Boru said:
Superman without the real man of steel - Christopher Reeves, should just not be made - my 2 cents anyway.

I think I will miss Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor more than Christopher Reeves as Superman. It's nothing against Christopher Reeves, but I don't think it takes a lot to play that part. Keanu Reeves could probably be a decent Superman, heh.

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I'll have to go with X-Men, though the absence of Brian Singer has me worried too. And no Night Crawler. Then probably Superman, though that's iffy to. The actor and the costume don't seem quite right. Pirates should be good. I didn't like any of the M.I. movies. I read the Da vinchi Code and thought it was great. I would'nt expect Tom Hanks in the roll, but neither he nor Spielburg usually make bad movies. Should be good. But if you're going to see it, do it as soon as it releases. It's the type of story that spoilers can ruin easily. Wasn't ther just a Poseidon remake on t.v? No interest in that or Cars.