Convention Autographs

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Here's the prize of my collection:
postersig.jpg

Summer Glau and Alan Tudyk on a Double sided Serenity movie poster.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Got these today:
taunwedo6.jpg

landotj7.jpg

Unfortunatly Billy Dee was boring and was unimpressive as he just sat there signing, and his handler smeared my autograph. :/

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Looks like Billy Dee might be lightening up. I'd heard horror stories from people asking for this personalization or that one. But between the one a guy grabbed for me in Pittsburgh and this one, maybe those days have passed.

I was going to go to the show this weekend, but we put off the Disney trip for two weeks. How was it? How much were they charging for sigs?

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Sarasotarockstr said:
Looks like Billy Dee might be lightening up. I'd heard horror stories from people asking for this personalization or that one. But between the one a guy grabbed for me in Pittsburgh and this one, maybe those days have passed.

I was going to go to the show this weekend, but we put off the Disney trip for two weeks. How was it? How much were they charging for sigs?
It was a low-key event, not too much was happening. I'm still ticked at Billy Dee and his handler for being idiots and showing up 2hrs late. Billy Dee was charging $30 a sig. Gary Burghoff (Radar from M*A*S*H) was the one who really took the cake as far as fan interaction. He'd sit there and talk to every single person in line and answer questions and regale them with Mash stories.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Jedi_Joel said:
Gary Burghoff (Radar from M*A*S*H) was the one who really took the cake as far as fan interaction. He'd sit there and talk to every single person in line and answer questions and regale them with Mash stories.

He saw that coming......did you?? :p

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Loved Mash, used to stay up later thanI should have as a kid to see it - great show. Meeting Radar would be really cool, especially if hotlips was anywhere near :p

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Nice score Joel......very impressive. I like your "Crow" autograph. A friend finally loaned me Firefly and I watched that episode last night. :D

Jedi_Joel

Agent
darthskellington;72509 said:
Nice score Joel......very impressive. I like your "Crow" autograph. A friend finally loaned me Firefly and I watched that episode last night. :D
Glad you like it. Andrew was like "Man, sorry about your picture, but I wrote you a book about Crow on it! But who cares! Firefly Rocks!" The woman to the left of Crow will appear in a later episode.

Sarasotarockstr

DAMN! Wish I'd known you were going to FX. I ended up in the hospital and couldn't go. I had all the SW guests autographs but I'd never met Kenny Baker so I really wanted to make it. Guess I'll see him at Celebration 3.

I am still planning on going to Megacon so if anyone is looking for Wayne Pygram's auto aka Tarkin in ROTS, let me know!

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Sarasotarockstr;72541 said:
DAMN! Wish I'd known you were going to FX. I ended up in the hospital and couldn't go. I had all the SW guests autographs but I'd never met Kenny Baker so I really wanted to make it. Guess I'll see him at Celebration 3.

I am still planning on going to Megacon so if anyone is looking for Wayne Pygram's auto aka Tarkin in ROTS, let me know!
Bummer, I nearly missed FX Show as well as I too was in the hospital early in the week.

I'm also planning on attending Megacon as well. Right now it looks like I'll be interviewing Jamie Bamber, and hopefully Mary McDonnell as well.

Sarasotarockstr

Very cool! I didn't know you were a journalist. Before my foray into real estate/rockstar wannabedom, I was an entertainment writer for years. That's actually how I got into autograph collecting.

Maybe I'll see you at MegaCon. It'd be nice to meet another regular on the board. :)

bret

Yodasnews

New Recruit
Victor_Von_Doom;72680 said:
Wow, he's a really good artist. Did you get that TTM? If so, can I get the address you used?

Iv'e actually worked with him on a few projects and it was a Thank You Gift from him. I have a lot of 1 of 1's he did just for me. I will ask him if I can share his address, not sure if he wants it out there. But I will ask.

Here are some more pictures of it. Its big, about 13x15 and the detail is crazy.

milyoda027.gif

milyoda027_2.gif

milyoda027_3.gif