Outbound Flight

Darth Daddy

New Recruit
I was wondering if anyone can tell me when the OUTBOUND FLIGHT novel takes place. I have heard three different time periods and wasnt sure if I should read it yet... lol

Steve

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I haven't seen an official date, but if memory serves it takes place during the old republic, approximately beginning around Episode I. The Outbound Flight Project was originally referenced in the Thrawn trilogy in 1991, and it was said that a group of Jedi went on an exploratory mission into the Unknown Regions. I think the Darth Maul novel (Shadow Hunter?), which takes place very shortly before Phantom Menace, also starred a Twi-Lek Jedi and his Padawan. In one of their Jedi Temple scenes, they briefly encounter some of the Jedi preparing for the outbound flight project.

At least that's how I remember it. At any rate it shoudl take place smetime between 20 and 35 years before A New Hope.

Darth Daddy

New Recruit
Cool Thanks!

I heard maybe it was when the Jedi ran from Vader, but your info seems to fit better. Thanks Again.

Steve

Jedi_Joel

Agent
This too is a question that's been nagging me for a while, but I'll ask it when I meet Timothy Zahn as he promotes this book!

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I talked to Timothy Zahn a while and I did ask him this question. He said it took place before Episode 2 when Anakin's 14, Palpatine's still the Chancellor, and the Clone Wars haven't started.

Darth Daddy

New Recruit
Very cool Joel!

Thanks. I wasn't sure the exact time period and I am happy its around that time. Maybe it will give us even more back story on Anakin.

Steve