012 - C.Andrew Nelson (Darth Vader: ESB:SE, various games)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_C_Andrew_Nelson.jpg

C. Andrew Nelson has a lengthy career in visual and voice effects, both in film and video game. He spent four years working for ILM on projects such as Jurassic Park III, The Perfect Storm, Galaxy Quest, The Time Machine, and of course, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Prior to that, he worked for LucasArts and other Lucas companies. He has lent his talents to numerous SW and other games, including Teras Kasi, Dark Forces and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, Rebel Assault II, and X-Wing.

He also has a history of stage work, along with teaching, motivational speaking, and the occasional tv and commercial appearance. In addition, he often helps support a number of charities.

To Star Wars fans, his most notable performance was probably as Darth Vader, in the new scenes added to The Empire Strikes Back. He has also donned the suit for Rebel Assault II, Dark Forces, and for LucasArts public appearances.

You can check out Mr. Nelson’s IMDB filmography here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003296/

For a fascinating and humourous read, be sure to read his trivia in the Bio section of his website:

http://www.candrewnelson.com/index.html

Mr. Nelson truly appreciates his fans, being a Star Wars fan himself. This is quite clear if you read his Bio on fandom :p He seems more than happy to sign items sent to him, and sometimes sends out items of his own. He responds quickly, sometimes within 2-3 weeks. Feel free to log your request here. :)

C. Andrew Nelson
1511M Sycamore Avenue
Suite 170
Hercules, CA 94547
USA

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

AmShak note:
The images below are at 200 dpi and should print out at 4.25 inches by 6.25 inches with the intention of trimming them down to 4” X 6”

Attachments

• 0012 C. Andrew Nelson ep5 3.jpg
    0012 C. Andrew Nelson ep5 3.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 477
  • 0012 C. Andrew Nelson epX 1.jpg
    0012 C. Andrew Nelson epX 1.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 526

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 012 - C.Andrew Nelson (Darth Vader: ESB:SE, various games)

Sent out my request today. I included an index card, trading card, and a large sase. :cool:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 012 - C.Andrew Nelson (Darth Vader: ESB:SE, various games)

Success! Mr. Nelson responded very generously to my request today. Not only did he sign my index, but he sent his own card, 8X10 photo, and a personal letter!

In his letter he commented on several things, including his plans to possibly open a store on his site to obtain signed items, proceeds of which will go to charity.

He also commented on his plans to do more conventions as time allows. He also did not sign my vintage Vader trading card. Out of respect for the other actors to play Darth Vader, he will not sign any image that is not of him wearing the suit, which is perfectly reasonable.

He also made an interesting comment. He hoped that my autograph collection was growing. "I sense that it is. I am more than happy to add my signature to the autograph project."

That's a curious wording in response to my letter. Perhaps he has seen his page here at the Spy and connected the dots. Or maybe I'm imagining things. Curious though, and an awesome response. :cool:

Attachments

• Nelson sig.jpg
    Nelson sig.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 474

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man

Good to hear. I sent a request to him a few weeks ago, so hopefully I'll get something back soon.

Yodasnews

New Recruit

I am sending out my request today!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Images added to the first post for anyone wishing to use them.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

My request was sent today.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
my request was answered today. He signed 2 of my items, the 3rd was a mistake on my part. I included an image that i thought was him, but turns out it was prowse. He also included the letter with the last couple of paragraphs being specific to me (I assume that he doesn't type all of that beginning part each time). It's nice that he takes the time to do the letter and make it unique to each person that he sends it to. Kind of makes me wish i had put more effort into the one i sent him.
One odd thing though, he didn't sign my cards in the area that i had intended him to, but instead on the image. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but i'm happy with this response.

Attachments

• 0012 C. Andrew Nelson epX 1 success.jpg
    0012 C. Andrew Nelson epX 1 success.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 454
  • 0012 C. Andrew Nelson ep5 3 success.jpg
    0012 C. Andrew Nelson ep5 3 success.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 430

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah...signers have a habit of signing differnetly than you expect. :p I received a letter which was probaly similar to yours, but still personalized in content. :)

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
My request has been out for 194 days (since 7/18/06). Darn. Just posting an update in case anybody was considering this address.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Well, looks like my last post in here was good luck b/c after 197 days...SUCCESS!!!! This has actually turned out to be one of my most memorable TTM stories. I received an extremely nice letter from Mr. Nelson apologizing for the delay in replying. He said that my letter was lost in a stack of papers in his office and he only recently discovered it while cleaning. He went WAY above and beyond in replying to my letter. He signed a full page typed letter replying to my questions about his fondest memories, etc. He had some very nice things to say about fans in general and how much he appreciates our support. He was very humble and seems like an all-around nice guy. I would recommend writing to him...an excellent addition to your Vader collection! Thank you Mr. Nelson! :)

Yodasnews

New Recruit
I am very happy to say, just a few minutes ago I got a personal email from Mr.Andrew Nelson that he did not want to disappoint a fan and for some reason my letter never reached him and he wanted to send me out something as soon as possbile. He also noted he has check out Yodasnews and even my collection, I was in awe of this and in a way the email means more than anything to me. Andrew 110% cares about his fans and said he was getting to anything that was backlogged when he moved his office. What a great guy and something rare in this day and age. Just wanted to share, I will follow up with pics and info when my letter arrives.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Wow. That is amazing! After the personal response he wrote me, and hearing about others...it doesnt' surprise me one bit that Mr. Nelson would follow thorugh on that level....he's a first class person. :)

Thanks for sharing that Mark.

And thank you, Mr. Nelson, for going the extra mile for the fans. We certainly appreciate it. :D