Dallas Comiccon October

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
If we were to plan a get together, whats the best event of the year to aim at attending? Dallas, San Diego, Chicago??

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Darth Boru said:
If we were to plan a get together, whats the best event of the year to aim at attending? Dallas, San Diego, Chicago??
The San Diego ComicCon would probably be the best one to aim for because it's the next best thing to a Celebration.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Thats by far the longest trip for me, and probably for a lot of people, but I'm game to go along with a majority, if a bunch are going.

starfox27

New Recruit
AmShak said:
the lines at the dallas shows have never been really bad. they use a system that does not allow everyone to get in at the same time. this means that not everyone may get to whatever they are trying to get to. there are different levels of tickets you can buy to get in and the general admission ticket holder could miss out but they paid less to get in. i use the speed pass method, which costs more but not as much as the vip pass. the speed pass holders get a wrist band with a number on it (1,2,3,4), group 1 is allowed in to certain areas at certain times, then group 2 and so on. or group 1 is allowed to get in line before group 2. this system seems to work pretty well. if you are in group 3 and they are doing group 1, then you know not to waste your time at that area and you can go do something else. i had read that they were going to use this system at C3, specifically with the gift store, but the only place i saw it used was in the autograph room with the bigger named guests. perhaps at c4

I was there and the speed passes are a great idea.....but they kept on selling them all day long.....I bought GA and was in a line for autographs(about 2 hours waiting) and when I finally got to the door, they called speed passes again.....they never really explained the speed pass thing at the registration tables and some one told me they would only be sold from 10-11 am, so that's why I was frustrated! never even got close to seeing Carrie :flame:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
starfox27 said:
I was there and the speed passes are a great idea.....but they kept on selling them all day long.....I bought GA and was in a line for autographs(about 2 hours waiting) and when I finally got to the door, they called speed passes again.....they never really explained the speed pass thing at the registration tables and some one told me they would only be sold from 10-11 am, so that's why I was frustrated! never even got close to seeing Carrie :flame:
yeah, if you're doing the autographs, you just about have to go with the speedpass. it does cost more but i think it is much better than a free for all.