Hurricane Katrina

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
I'm glad to hear you're Ok. My family down there is Ok too. Rita's last minute turn to the North helped them out.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
darthskelington said:
So far so good . Power is out here..out in most of East Texas, I think. But all we've gotten is wind and constant light-mod rain. So, it's actually quite pleasant here right now. :D Hmm....laptop battery down to 89% :( Better conserve it :p

Glad you had a nice pleasant hurricane experience. :) I hope you have candles. :D

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
JediSearch said:
I'm glad to hear you're Ok. My family down there is Ok too. Rita's last minute turn to the North helped them out.

I'm glad that they are ok! :) Hopefully the weather will calm down for awhile.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Power is back on now :) It was out for about 13 hours, of which I slept maybe 5 :p

Plenty o candles here. Too bad the power is on...I was just starting my 4th chapter in a new SW novel :p

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
I guess I'll give you guys a tiny update. We managed to rescue one of my cats from my house (they were outside cats.) Two are still there somewhere and one we can't find, but he had feline lukemia so I'm pretty sure he's gone. I got to salvage about 80% of my paintings, all of my DVD collection, all of my books, maybe half of my jewelry, my sword of Gryffindor, and my time turner. I'll find out at the end of Oct. whether I get to stay at my job. It all depends on student enrollment. So that's that... life is semi-stable for right now.

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Depending on how you look at, that seems like mostly good news. Will you have more chances to find the other cats? What kind of shape is the house in? I hope the job thing works out for you.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
CreepyBunny said:
I guess I'll give you guys a tiny update. We managed to rescue one of my cats from my house (they were outside cats.) Two are still there somewhere and one we can't find, but he had feline lukemia so I'm pretty sure he's gone. I got to salvage about 80% of my paintings, all of my DVD collection, all of my books, maybe half of my jewelry, my sword of Gryffindor, and my time turner. I'll find out at the end of Oct. whether I get to stay at my job. It all depends on student enrollment. So that's that... life is semi-stable for right now.

glad you got most of your stuff. Hope you can keep the job too......

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Great to hear you were able to rescue one of the cats and some stuff, sorry one of the cats is still missing. Being 'outside cats', they'll probably fend for themselves better tahn some humans.

Most importantly, I'm glad you're still okay.

Stuff, however rare, is still just stuff.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Yeah, I'm happy all of my friends and family are ok too. Life absoultey would not be the same without them. Plus, you can't imagine how much friends and family have helped us out.

Attached are some pictures of the house when we got to go back. Stuff kinda lifted up and floated around into other rooms and there's about 2 inches of sludge on the floor. You can see the water line inside the rooms.

First picture is of one of our bathrooms.
Second is my bedroom. all of my furniture has capsized and is now on the floor.
Third picture is our car port (and poor Kevin's car)
Fourth picture is the living room and our moldy furniture.
Fifth picture is my parent's bedroom. You can see one of my now moldy paintings in the background.

Here's a link to a website that has documented a lot of the destruction in my parish. http://www.mgcollins.com/Katrina/index.html

Thanks again guys for all of your support. I know this post is kinda lengthy, but it feels good to vent and share. So thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Attachments

• bathroom.jpg
    bathroom.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 341
  • bedroom.jpg
    bedroom.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 345
  • carport.jpg
    carport.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 328
  • livingroom.jpg
    livingroom.jpg