Hurricane Katrina

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
As I'm sure most of you know by now, Hurricane Katrina devastated most of the gulf coast. I would like to ask everyone to send their thoughts and prayers to the victims who have suffered incredible loss.

I have many friends who call New Orleans home. For those concerned, one of our own Bothans, Deanna (Creepy Bunny) and her family evacuated to Ruston, Louisiana and are safe. However, from all reports her house is likely under 12 feet of water, and everything is lost. :(

Those who went to C3 may remember George. He and his family are also safe, and currently in Birmingham, AL.

Please keep Deanna and everyone in your thoughts.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Being on this side of the world, I echo Skels sentiments.....my thoughts and prayers are with you all over there....

Barada

Saboteur
Yikes!

We're getting the tail end of Katrina right now - and it's just a heavy rainstorm for us with a mild danger of regional flooding.

We had a nasty flood a couple of years ago, and my house was one of two out of 30 on our street that escaped with no damage. My hope is that a similar fate will happen to CreepyBunny - and that her house and possessions will beat the odds and be one of those that miraculously escape unscathed.

My thoughts are with you CB - and all affected by this latest attack by Mother Nature.

Ian (Barada)

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
I'm glad to hear that CB is safe. It is sad to hear about the home, but that can be replaced... CB can not.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Thanks for all of the well wishes, guys. It's much appreciated and helps my morale. :) I'm doing alright staying in Warren's (darthskellington's) house until New Orleans is semi-normal again. It's hard to say what's going on in my area of New Orleans right now we've heard a variety of crazy stories. I'm just very happy to say that my family and I got out and we're all OK. Thanks again.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Glad to hear everyone got out in time and is okay. We've been getting a lot of news here and the whole thing looks dreadful. Here's hoping that normality is resumed quickly.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Things are starting to look up a bit over here and I wanted to keep you guys posted since you've been such good moral support. :) We're being allowed to return to our houses soon, probably on Monday. We'll get to take what we can, but we won't be able to stay or return to live for another few months. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my paintings are ok.) I'm set to return to school on September 21st which is nice and the kids are scheduled to return on Oct. 3. For teachers like me who don't have housing they're trying to set up trailers on school grounds for us to live. (I really hope this works out, but I can imagine how wonderful it would be if the students figured out I live on campus :nut: ) So that's that for now. Thanks for being so great.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Thanks for the update! I hope anything that can't be replaced is o.k. :) Good luck returning to school, if you need anything let us know. :cool:

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
It's good to hear from you CB. Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope things continue to look up for you.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah...I'm sort of in the path. I up in NE Texas, near the top left corner of Louisiana. By the time it gets up here, it should just be some nasty storms. But it looks like we'll be getting a LOT of rain. I'm hoping my garage doesn't flood...and that teh power stays on.

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Ok, keep us posted. I'm really worried about my family down there. They're in Alvin, TX (South East Houston). They couldn't get out in the evacuation, so they are bunkered up at home.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
So far so good . Power is out here..out in most of East Texas, I think. But all we've gotten is wind and constant light-mod rain. So, it's actually quite pleasant here right now. :D Hmm....laptop battery down to 89% :( Better concserve it :p