008 - Denis Lawson (Wedge Antilles)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Lawson.jpg

Next, we have a fan favorite, that is somewhat difficult to obtain: Denis Lawson. Denis Lawson appeared in all three classic Star Wars movies as Wedge Antilles. Wedge was one of Luke’s wing-mates in A New Hope, and eventually became head of Rogue Squadron by Return of the Jedi. His character has played a significant role in the comics and novels that carry on the continuity.

Mr. Lawson has a lengthy career in television series and movies in the UK. In 2002 Mr. Lawson wrote/directed a short film called Solid Geometry, based on a short story by Ian McEwan, and starring Ewan McGregor. A bit of trivia…..Denis Lawson happens to be Ewan McGregor’s uncle. Also, Mr. Lawson was offered the role of Captain Antilles in ROTS, but declined. (Captain Antilles is no relation to Wedge Antilles, in case anyone was wondering).

You can check out Mr. Lawson’s IMDB filmography and short biography here.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0493200/

An article on many of the Rebel Pilots appears in Star Wars Insider issue 32.

Unfortuantely, Mr. Lawson has been distancing himself from Star Wars. I haven’t found out why, but it would be safe to assume a combination of too much attention, and a negative opinion of today’s autograph market (ebay, scalpers, etc). Mr. Lawson will NOT sign any Star Wars items or photos. Don’t bother sending it, as at best it will only get returned unsigned. Mr. Lawson supposedly also no longer signs 8X10s. Mr. Lawson will sign photos of himself, and lately has actually been providing his own small photos.

Since he is currently signing, I feel this a great opportunity to get a somewhat hard-to-find autograph. Personally, I plan to print out my own small photo of him, and include a blank index card, in hopes of securing an autograph even if he doesn’t have his own photo available. Most people get responses in as soon as two weeks, and no more than two months.

So…here’s you chance. Take it an run with it :p Don’t forget to log when you sent your request. Post it here if you like.

Denis Lawson
c/o ICM
Oxford House
76 Oxford Street
London W1N 0AX
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

AmShak note:
The images below are at 200 dpi and should print out at 4.25 inches by 6.25 inches with the intention of trimming them down to 4” X 6”

Attachments

• 0008 Denis Lawson ep4 1.jpg
    0008 Denis Lawson ep4 1.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 1,548
  • 0008 Denis Lawson ep4 3.2.jpg
    0008 Denis Lawson ep4 3.2.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 603
  • 0008 Denis Lawson ep5 1.2.jpg
    0008 Denis Lawson ep5 1.2.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 977
  • 0008 Denis Lawson ep6 2.jpg
    0008 Denis Lawson ep6 2.jpg
    545.8 KB · Views: 643
  • 0008 Denis Lawson ep6 4.2.jpg
    0008 Denis Lawson ep6 4.2.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 716

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 008 - Denis Lawson (Wedge Antilles)

Running quite late...I just got my request off today :p Hopefully I'll get some more projects up for everyone soon, before teh holidays steal my free time.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Got a response today, but not the one I was hoping for. :( I received my print-out, indexes, and IRCs returned unsigned. A note was enlosed from Janet Macklam, Mr. Lawson's secretary/agent (?). It thanked me for my letter, and apologised for the delay. It stated, "He has been away working for sometime and I think I should return your enclosures before any more time has passed. I hope you're not too disappointed."

Well.....after such a long wait....might as well keep it until he gets back! ;) Oh well. I'll try again in a few months. A fairly positive response, for not getting an autograph, and a good gesture on their part. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Mr. Lawson has signed through the mail recently. People who wrote him in January have received successful responses.

Time for me to resend my request. :cool:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Images added to the first post for anyone wishing to use them.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I ended up just editing a scan of one of his photos he sends out..and printing that out for my earlier request. I still need to send a new one out. :(

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Hey I got a signed B/W 4x6 photo from Mr. Lawson a few days ago!! Nothing Star Wars related of course, but I was pretty surprised because it came back to me in about a month!! I made no mention of Star Wars in my letter so perhaps he was more willing to sign??:cool:

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Got a success from Denis Lawson today!! He didn't sign my four 4x6 photos (Non-Star Wars) But he did include his own photo that was signed! my SAE was used. The Autograph is kinda hard to see in the picture below, But in person it's awesome!

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Denis_Lawson_Envelope.jpg

Autograph:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Denis_Lawson_Autograph_01.jpg

Unsigned 4x6 photos:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Denis_Lawson_Unsigned_4x6_Photos.jpg

Sent: July 3rd 2007

Replied: August 17th 2007

Days Taken: 46

Address Used:

Mr. Denis Lawson
c/o ICM
Oxford House
76 Oxford Street
London W1N 0AX
United Kingdom

RYAN-J