Costume Project: Padme Mustafar Outfit

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Darth Boru said:
Definitely sounds like tons of fun!

Where do you get sculpey and what does it look like? Heard about it before, but never actually seen any.

It just looks like a block of clay, you can get it at a craft store. I got a pound for $12.

Alf

Agent
The first attempt for the small piece that goes near the collar. This picture was taken before baking the clay.

Attachments

• costume brch.jpg
    costume brch.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 426

Alf

Agent
This was my 1st try putting the whole thing together. It took 2 or 3 tries to get the flowers small enough.

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Two or Three attempts... Wow, it would have taken me about six or seven I'm sure. Nice job, it looks great!

Alf

Agent
Update:

Had to redo the pin. It was too big. The flowers were so tiny I had to use tweezer to form them. Clay kept sticking to my fingernails :fume:

Made the large brooch but didn't get as detailed as the real one. That took several tries. I was making it way too big and upside down :p

Altered the pants so they looked better with the boots.

Almost done with the harness. Tried sewing the vinyl and had problems with the sewing machine. Now I'm using a hot glue gun and lots of clothespins to hold it together. Hopefully I'll have it finished soon so I can start my costume :)