Costume Project: Padme Mustafar Outfit

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
So...I decided to try and make a SW costume. I think this one is the easiest one out there right now. Today I bought a tunic pattern that was recommended by another fan that made this costume. I'm going to make the tunic out of micro suede. The only part I'm stumped on is the harness/pin/buckle part. I guess I'm going to use sculpty or liquid sculpty, which I've never even seen before. :p I'll post updates here!

The pics are from the Padawan's Guide.

Attachments

• padme_sleeveless.jpg
    padme_sleeveless.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4,104
  • padme_sleeveless2.jpg
    padme_sleeveless2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2,892

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
JediSearch said:
That's cool WC! Looking forward to updates on the project.

Well, today we got the tunic fabric pieces cut. I still have to find some boots and leather for the harness, if anyone has any (relatively cheap) suggestions... :bunny:

Alf

Agent
Tomorrow I have to attempt the sewing. :stupid1:

I'm a bit rusty haven't made something like this since high school.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
JediSearch said:
I don't know if you have seen this, but I hope this is helpful.
http://www.lesawilliams.com/Padme/Sleeveless.htm

Yes, I have that page on my favorites list, so I keep looking at it. I'm using the pattern she suggested. Thanks though!!

What I really need is a pic of the back, so I can see her hair and how the harness looks. I've got a few, but I'd like a better one. :p

Attachments

• crop1.jpg
    crop1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,014
  • crop2.jpg
    crop2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 745

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Sorry, I couldn't find anything better than what you already have. I'll let you know if I see one though.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
JediSearch said:
Sorry, I couldn't find anything better than what you already have. I'll let you know if I see one though.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I bought some brown knee high boots this week. They aren't suede, they are leather, but they are comfortable. :) Next weekend I'm going to a sw prop/costume making party, so hopefully I can get a good chunk of theis project finished...lol.

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
wookiee_cookiee said:
Thank you, I appreciate it. I bought some brown knee high boots this week. They aren't suede, they are leather, but they are comfortable. :) Next weekend I'm going to a sw prop/costume making party, so hopefully I can get a good chunk of theis project finished...lol.

Awesome! Can't wait for the update. I'm starting to work on my Sandtrooper armor. First step - convince my wife it's the thing to do.
:argue:

Alf

Agent
We made some progress :) The collar is attached to the top of the tunic. If it doesn't look right we'll have to redesign it. The arm thingies are almost done. I need to embroider the design and maybe alter them so they don't slide.

The people at the costume sewing party were awesome. They were helpful and got us motivated.

Alf

Agent
Here's a couple pictures. I'm still working on the tunic. The symbol I made looks a little like the real one.

Attachments

• padme costume.jpg
    padme costume.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,460
  • sw symbol.jpg
    sw symbol.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 653
  • naboosymbol.jpg
    naboosymbol.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 647

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I picked up some super sculpey today, I'm not really sure how this stuff works. I've been playing with it, but I don't know how I'm going to make it into the pin and brooch. I've got a whole pound, so I can have a lot of messed up ones..lol.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Definitely sounds like tons of fun!

Where do you get sculpey and what does it look like? Heard about it before, but never actually seen any.