003 - James Earl Jones (Voice of Darth Vader)

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Anyone wishing to write to Mr. Jones may temporarily do so at this venue, where he will be performing in a play. The play will run November 21 to April 10. As he will be in London for this time, I don't expect anyone will receive replies from the NY address during these months.

James Earl Jones
"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"
Novello Theatre
Aldwych
London WC2B 5LD
United Kingdom

Phylicia Rashad of the Cosby Show is performing in this play as well. :cool:

Good Luck!

Corran(Horn

Red Squadron
SUCCESS!

Awesome success from Mr. James Earl Jones today! He signed all my 3 CCGs (Darth Vader, I am Your Father, and Death Star) with silver sharpie + a little extra!

I was slightly confused at first though, since the Js in "James" and "Jones" look different from what they normally look like, but all other letters clearly are his trademark style, so I asume he was in a rush or just didn't have a desk to sit at while signing.

picture:

JEJones2.jpg

Thanks for the address @Novello, Chewie! It worked! It was kinda risky, since I saw no successes from that address anywhere, so I jumped up and down when I recieved the letter back today.

+ It only took 2 weeks.

Thanks, Mr. James Earl Jones!!!

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Very Nice!! JEJ is truly amazing when it comes to fanmail. I've written him 4 times and each time he signed my items and returned them all quickly!!

RYAN-J

Got a fantastic response from James Earl Jones today. I contacted him whilst he was in a play here in the UK asking if he would be kind enough to sign a figure for me. 4 weeks after the play finished I received a Darth Vader postcard saying how sorry he was for not being able to complete my request and agreeing to sign the figure if I sent it to the US. Today the figure came back! Along with a couple of pics I sent. Superb guy!

Attachments

• JamesEarlJonesLR.jpg
    JamesEarlJonesLR.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 609
  • JamesEarlJonesPic1.jpg
    JamesEarlJonesPic1.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 639
  • JamesEarlJonesPic2.jpg
    JamesEarlJonesPic2.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 644

Sevb30

New Recruit
ellie_cowell;87084 said:
Got a fantastic response from James Earl Jones today. I contacted him whilst he was in a play here in the UK asking if he would be kind enough to sign a figure for me. 4 weeks after the play finished I received a Darth Vader postcard saying how sorry he was for not being able to complete my request and agreeing to sign the figure if I sent it to the US. Today the figure came back! Along with a couple of pics I sent. Superb guy!

Congrats! Where did you get that Vader pic in the middle there?

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
ellie_cowell;87084 said:

Congrats again! Btw, which of the US addresses did you use? Those look great!

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
This one right here:

Mr. James Earl Jones
c/o Horatio Productions Inc.
PO Box 610
Pawling, NY 12564
USA

I've written to him several times and got a reply back every time!

RYAN-J

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Got a great success back today, he inscribed our pic "To the Jackson Family, may the Force be with you!" Kiddos were super excited. Thank you!!!!! Sent to the Pawling address as noted above.

SWfan

Infiltrator
Got my multi signed photo back from Mr. Jones! Got it signed by Jeremy Bulloch at CV and Jason Wingreen TTM. Now just need Dave Prowse and Billy Dee Williams to complete it.

Greg Jones

New Recruit
I received my autographed package back from Mr. Jones last Friday (March 11). Sent it off during the last week of January. I sent a Dave Prowse autographed glossy (Vader & Boba) as well as a CIII Carded Vader figure. He signed the glossy in silver (as did Mr. Prowse) and signed the front of the bubble pack on my figure in gold. Was VERY excited to get the items back. Now, I have to send the glossy off to Jason Wingreen and Jeremy Bulloch. :)

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Any recent successes with JEJ? Has anybody ever sent him a poster TTM with any luck? I've got a multi-signed poster that I'd love to add him to but nervous about sending it. Hope everybody is having a great 2012!

SWfan

Infiltrator
The last few replys on startiger items were returned unsigned with a letter saying he's gone til April and to resend then. He's pretty good about signing posters if you send a letter first and ask. I haven't sent one myself though as I've put too much time and money into the poster I need him on for me to risk sending it through the mail. : P

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Thanks! Great to know I shouldn't send it now. So if I wait until April are you saying that the first thing I do is just mail a plain letter telling him that I have a poster that I'd love for him to sign and ask if it's ok for me to send it to him...then I would get a return letter saying it was ok, etc.? I'm in the same boat as you, the poster I'd REALLY love him to sign I would never risk so was thinking of sending one that had a lot less time/money put into it and starting with his great sig and building from there. Thanks again for the great feedback!

SWfan

Infiltrator
Thanks! Great to know I shouldn't send it now. So if I wait until April are you saying that the first thing I do is just mail a plain letter telling him that I have a poster that I'd love for him to sign and ask if it's ok for me to send it to him...then I would get a return letter saying it was ok, etc.? I'm in the same boat as you, the poster I'd REALLY love him to sign I would never risk so was thinking of sending one that had a lot less time/money put into it and starting with his great sig and building from there. Thanks again for the great feedback!

Yep, that's what other people have done and usually get a reply with instructions from his assistant for sending it in. :) Good luck!