Help me in My struggle

BarneyFife

New Recruit
Guys, If K-mart closes, then Target will be the only competitor to Wal-mart. Please, if its conveinent for you, avoid buying wal-mart, so that we may keep them from getting a monopolynd jacking up prices. I am sorry if the post sounds like advertisement, BUT, if K-mart and target fall, then remember this post.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Hey Barney. K-Mart is currently is Chapter 11 which means that they have (or will) submit a reorganization plan to the court. If approved, they will be allowed to refinance and restructure their debt. Not all Chapter 11's go out of business. Many major firms in this country have been in Chapter 11 and survived. Chapter 13 is another matter...kaput!:mad:
In checking out the K-Mart site, I only see one underperforming store scheduled to close here in New York City area. Try not to struggle too much with this untill you see the padlocks on the doors.:D
Hope this helps.

vfermi

Consultant
rainman

To quote rainman

"K-mart sucks"

I hate k-mart. Every time ive visited the store here, its been a "disaster area". None of the employees seemed to care about keeping their store neat and clean. Their prices are high on most things. I never had any luck with star wars there... As far as im concerned, good riddance. I'll stick to target and walmart thank you...:guns:

Barada

Saboteur
Barney,

Do you not have a Toys R' Us, or KayBee near you? I doubt there is a danger of a monopoly on action figure prices, as the last I heard, stores don't change their prices by the region. You may have only Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Target near you, but nationwide, Wal-Mart has lots of competition.

If you're worried that only two stores will drive up prices, I'll give the Canadian example, as tiring as it must be getting to hear by now. We have a whole TWO stores in the country that sell Star Wars figures at retail - Wal-Mart and TRU. While TRU's prices leave much to be desired, Wal-Mart has maintained a $3 difference in price for the better. If they were looking to cash in, their prices would have risen to TRU levels by now.

Just something to think about.

Barada