Scrambled Tiles 2005

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
20050224.scramble2.jpg

Play Scrambled Tiles and win a Battlefront Scout Trooper courtesy of Federation Toys.​

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Unscramble the letter tiles to form a Star Wars Prequel Trilogy quote. Send the quote in an e-mail to wookiee_cookiee@thebothanspy.com with "scrambled tiles" in the subject line. Be sure to include your forum name when you enter. Submissions must be received by Sunday March 6 at 11:59 p.m. Only registered members of the Bothan Spy forums are eligible to enter, only 1 submission per person.

20050227.scout.jpg

The winner will be chosen at random from the correct entries. One winner will receive a Battlefront Scout Trooper courtesy of Federation Toys.

20050224.scramble1.jpg

The winner will be announced on or around March 7th. Good luck!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I forgot, does the unscrambled message have to fit within the emptyboxes at the bottom? (Without breaking words onto separate lines)? I don't think it will fit otherwise.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
darthskelington said:
I forgot, does the unscrambled message have to fit within the emptyboxes at the bottom? (Without breaking words onto separate lines)? I don't think it will fit otherwise.

Yes, it should fit in the boxes.

jfrog2002

Sith Master
wookiee_cookiee said:
Yes, it should fit in the boxes.

I think Darthskelinton was asking if you can split a word in half at the end of a line and continue the next box (other part of the word) on the next line down. I think I had to do that to make it work. That assumes I got it correct which could be a very bad assumption! :)

Did I get it correct? (I won't tell anyone if I did!)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Ok, I tried it myself, and the words do run over to the next line, the words end when there is a space on the tile. Does that make sense?

Since I have never played before I'd like to ask a few questions before I submit my answer:
1. we can only use the tiles "as is' to complete the phrase - sort of scrabble like?

2. When we submit the answer to the email do we put quotation marks around it or do we send it as the picture shows?

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
nack5811 said:
Since I have never played before I'd like to ask a few questions before I submit my answer:
1. we can only use the tiles "as is' to complete the phrase - sort of scrabble like?

2. When we submit the answer to the email do we put quotation marks around it or do we send it as the picture shows?

Yeah, the tiles are "as is", you just shuffle them around to make the phrase. You don't need Quotation marks, I don't think many people have included them so far, but it is o.k. if you already did.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I just got an entry with no forum name in the email.

I have entries from:
Guttersnipe, Jedi Freijan, Jaguar, obre, orbles, sw_freeek, bedlam412, jfrog2002, regnod & darthskelington.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. tonight! You still have time to win a Battlefront Storm Trooper. Good luck!

Wookie_Cookie, I believe the email you got with no forum name in the subject line was from me. I put my forum name in the message text after my quote because the instructions said to merely include your forum name. I hope this didn't disqualify me? If it did, oh well, better luck next time.