Time is Running Out

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
121504.xmasbanner.jpg
Time is running out for anyone who hasn't already gotten their entry in for our Christmas Giveaways. Click Here for the details on how to enter.

Good luck to everyone and Merry Christmas​

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Nightwing said:
I sent the e-mail but forgot to include my name, is that OK?
in most cases that entry would probably be thrown out unless it was brought to my attention before we got to the drawing which is what you have done. an email or a private message would also do the trick for future reference or anyone else in the same boat. this way is fine though.

i try not to ever throw out an entry and make every effort to include everyone who wants to have a chance to win.

Darth Dug

New Recruit
I'm curious how you do it (unless it's a trade secret!)

Do you print them all out, enter them in some kind of database, assign each a number? I'm just curious is all.

And nice prize set. Lots of goodies I don't have listed there.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
we do different giveaways, contests and games .... so, the method in picking the winner(s) is not always the same. in this case, emails are sent to an account that is specifically set up for the contest. these emails are the entries and they are assigned a number in the order that they are received. once the time for entries is over, we use a random number generator to pick numbers. whichever numbers come up are the winners.

Barada

Saboteur
Geez AmShak,

That's too high-tech for me. ;)

The one I did some time ago I did the old-fashioned way. I wrote everyone's name on a piece of paper, and picked one literally from a hat.

Barada