Bossk Mini Bust Giveaway

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
101004.bossk.jpg
Win a Gentle Giant Bossk Mini Bust sponsored by John's Toys

You may register for this contest by sending us an e-mail, including your first and last name in the subject line. You may only register once. Duplicate entries will disqualify ALL entries. The winner will be announced in the Espionage Report and you willl have one week to claim their prize.

endor5.gif

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine,
mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine,
mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine!

hehe, can anyone guess my daughter subjected me to 'Finding Nemo' once too often ?? :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
dustrho said:
When will a winner be announced?

unless i come up with something i need to giveaway, two weeks. winners will always be announced on the weekends and they are given one week to claim it. So either way, you need to check back in two weeks, if not before.

if for some reason i do not follow this pattern (this did happen recently) i will contact the winner to make sure they have the propper notification.

Jaguar

New Recruit
I'm pretty sure I did, but I'm not sure if it was received. The last one never arrived.

Could some mod confirm that my entry was received?

I was very loaded last night and can't quite recall if I did enter the contest. I remember something about doind the email.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jaguar said:
I'm pretty sure I did, but I'm not sure if it was received. The last one never arrived.

Could some mod confirm that my entry was received?

not this particular post, but this general idea brings up a good point ...

Our "General Giveaway", which is what this is, is open to anyone who would like to enter. This means that non-forum members may enter. This is one reason that a forum name is not part of the requirement to enter. Some people include their forum name in the subject line which is fine, but for those who include the forum name in the body of the email, it is never seen since i do not go through and open each email. of course i open the winning email, so that one gets read if there is anything to read. so, anyone sending any messages in those emails, needs to send it to a different account.
This is also why i usually don't have any idea who the winners are, not by forum name, unless it is offered. Over time, i have learned a few of the "real" names that go along with the forum names and some are obvious, when their email address is similar to their forum name.

Multiple entries from the same email address will get all entries from that address deleted. if i spot anything that looks fishy, then i will dig deeper to see if i can catch anyone cheating. I do not wish to catch a cheater, i just want to try and keep the contests as fair as possible.

These types of giveaways are the most difficult to police which is why we like to do our forum games where we have more control. unfortunately, we cannot do all of our giveaways like that for several reason that i'm not going to go into.

now that i have said all of that, if you have a real concern about an entry being received or if you think you might have entered more than once then send me a PM with your email address and i will check. non-forum members will not be able to send me a PM, so any non-forum members reading this just need to keep up with what they have entered or become a member.

NOTE: anyone out there that thinks they're going to ask me each time to check their entry may find that i grow tired of that and the response they eventually get will probably not be one they like. not to put a negative spin on this... i want everyone to have a fair chance at winning.

something else that some of you might want to do, since it seems that it has been overlooked, is check that "sent" basket that your email should have.

obre

Spy
AmShak said:
something else that some of you might want to do, since it seems that it has been overlooked, is check that "sent" basket that your email should have.

Every email program should have that feature. I practice to enter the name of the giveaway into the body of email lately, because I lost track of which one I did enter.

Jaguar

New Recruit
All the entries I sent all get sent according to my sent box, but I've had times when they weren't received. I doubled check the email address and everything, but still it doesn't arrive for some reason.

If I could just PM my entry instead, it would be more sure. Though I don't know how often you check your PMs, and if you'll forget or not.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jaguar said:
All the entries I sent all get sent according to my sent box, but I've had times when they weren't received. I doubled check the email address and everything, but still it doesn't arrive for some reason.
for this reason i am certainly willing to double check your entry, like i mentioned above. i am willing to do this a few times and if there seems to be no problem receiving the emails, then i will discontinue that option. if a problem is discovered then we can explore other options.

Jaguar said:
If I could just PM my entry instead, it would be more sure. Though I don't know how often you check your PMs, and if you'll forget or not.
i want everyone who wants to enter the giveaways the ability to enter but PM's as entries for "these" giveaways is not an option at this time.

since we have been doing the giveaways like this (3 years i think), there has never been a question on if an entry was received or not .... at least not that i am aware of. your concern is noted and i will talk to borsk about other options we might have that might help reduce the chance of this happening.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
obre said:
Every email program should have that feature. I practice to enter the name of the giveaway into the body of email lately, because I lost track of which one I did enter.

that's a good idea. some people include their name as well as the contest in the subject line. i beleive the instructions say to just have your name there but adding the contest title is certainly ok. the reason we want the name there is because it's "handy" and it helps people remember to actually include it. some people like to write little messages in there about how or why they are going to win or maybe they try and butter me up. those messages usually go unread since i normally don't have time to sort through them.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
If this is really a big problem, perhaps a solution would be to create a rule for the contest email account so that anything received by that account would send an autoreply stating that the email was received.

Just a thought. Although, perhaps that would annoy people more than it would help.

Jaguar

New Recruit
I really don't want to cause too much of a problem. If it's too much trouble, just don't worry about me. I've never won any contest before, so it's not like it'll be any different if you get my entry or not.

;)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I've often wondered about utting the name of the giveaway in the subject line as well. Not sure if it ever happened, but if there were 2 giveaways going at the same time and someone entered for both by just putting their name in the subject line, they might end up eliminated from both?