Best John Williams Music

Which John Williams composition do you like the most?

• E.T. Flying Theme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theme from Jaws

• Superman Theme

• Olympic Fanfare

• Star Wars: Luke & Leia Theme

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Star Wars: Yoda's Theme

• Star Wars: Imperial March

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Star Wars: Main Titles

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • JFK Main Theme

• Jurassic Park Main Theme

• Schindler's List Main Theme

• 1941: March from Midway

• Close Encounters of the Third Kind

• The Cowboys Overture

• Raiders of the Lost Ark March

• Total voters

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
What is your favorite John Williams music?

I couldn't list everything, but picked what I thought would be the most popular choices. If you prefer something I didn't include, post it.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
wookiee_cookiee said:
I like the Harry Potter stuff. :)
ehh...I'm not so crazy about the Harry Potter music. It's not terrible, but I would pick all of the stuff I listed in the poll over anything from Harry Potter.

There's gotta be something in that list you like better...

Barada

Saboteur
Woohoo!

First vote in by me!

This is surprisingly hard to answer. The main titles for Jaws, SW, and Raiders are all extremely memorable, and worthy answers. E.T. is kinda cheating, by using the SW theme backwards, and Jurassic Park and Superman are good, but not like the others. Same with Luke & Leia and Yoda. The rest I couldn't care less about.

However, the one that I cherish the most is easily the Imperial March. So good it even gets played these days during sporting games.

Barada

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
SW Main Titles for me. An unforgettable opening to an unforgettable movie for this 7 year old who never grew up (at least doesn't want to :) )

han solo

Friend of a Wookie
Well two of my favorite pieces of star wars john williams music would be Liea's theme followed closly by the main titles and the asteriod field. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I like the Luke/Leia theme, which is basically the Jedi theme. It's very melancholy and haunting, especially at the end like for Vader's pyre. Music is very emotional, and that one does it for me.

Not that Imperial March sucks by any means.

I also like Harry Potter. Although as a whole, only a few of them stand out. Some of the action ones remind of of SW themes at times. BTW, I'd heard that Willimas will not be doing the music to HP4, as he will be busy on other projects. (Indy 4, perhaps?)

Jedi_Joel

Agent
The opening of Star Wars for sure, then after that it would be the Battle of Endor Trilogy and then Accross the Stars from EP2.