Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No Comment. I like it either way

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Status

We now have a "quick reply" box. The idea behind this is to load a very basic reply box w/ the thread so that if you want to reply (but don't want to load the full reply page), you can do so. To do this, you need to pick a specific post and reply to it by click on the
quickreply.gif
button. This is done for a reason.

To reply normally, just hit the "quote" button or the, currently, orange "post reply" button.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Re: Status

Borsk said:
We now have a "quick reply" box. The idea behind this is to load a very basic reply box w/ the thread so that if you want to reply (but don't want to load the full reply page), you can do so. To do this, you need to pick a specific post and reply to it by click on the
quickreply.gif
button. This is done for a reason.

To reply normally, just hit the "quote" button or the, currently, orange "post reply" button.

I was just hinking of what colour would stand out without going christmasy (red) or jokery (purple). I was thinking a white-ish silver with strong shadowing.

I like the Quick reply box!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The stars in your postbit for trading feedback are back. If you have no feedback, nothing will appear. If you have a negative feedback number, red stars will be shown. If you have positive feedback, green stars will be show - on this scale:
  • 1 star = At least 1 good trade
  • 2 stars = At least 5 good trades
  • 3 stars = At least 10 good trades
  • 4 stars = At least 15 good trades
  • 5 stars = 20 or more good trades
Also, if you let your mouse hover over the stars, the exact number of positive trades will be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The vertical postbit is basically how it will look. I have a few more very minor tweaks that I'll get to later. I will explain the horizonal postbit later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tradelist/AllTroops mods are next.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Alltroops Tradelist mod is back in action. I'll probably make a new graphic for the button later, but it's working...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hey, I like the quick-reply. While it is a little blinding--it kinda stands out like a big white box in a gray and green themed forum---it is extremely convenient ;)

Not that it's a big deal, but could the background of the box be toned down from snowblind white to say, a light gray like the border? Just thought i'd ask on behalf of those who wear contacts and like to sit in front of their computer in the dark. :p

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
I am really liking the new look of the site. You guys have done an awesome job over here. I am most impressed! Job well done.

Rancisis

Jedi Trainer
Whee, look at me. I have way to much time on my hands <grin>
Reminds me of when I installed Asteroids on BeJedi.com.
But I had to drop that project do to traffic reasons...
Glad it's here now, love the chopper game <twisted>

Barada

Saboteur
I like the improvements. A lot of hard work has been put into this by Borsk, and he deserves the praise he gets.

Can we get the 'View Today's Active Threads' link back?

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Barada said:
I like the improvements. A lot of hard work has been put into this by Borsk, and he deserves the praise he gets.

Can we get the 'View Today's Active Threads' link back?

Barada
I replaced "view new posts" in the navigation bar with "today's post". This is what you want.

"View new posts" is still accessible in the quick links.

bedlam412

Scoundrel
It's been a long time since I've actively posted here, but the site as always looks great .... I love all the new changes, esp. the arcade section! Keep up the good work!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Borsk said:
Something like this...

*Borsk looks down.

Thanks Borsk. Looks much better. Would have said so sooner, but I've been out almost a couple days. (Had to recover my snowblinded vision) :p

Ooh....you grouped the smilies. Nice. :worship:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Borsk said:
I replaced "view new posts" in the navigation bar with "today's post". This is what you want.

"View new posts" is still accessible in the quick links.

I liked View New Posts personally. as I often miss a couple days if I do double-shifts at work. But, I don't burn that many brain cells going through Quick Links. :D

Now, to check out this so-called ARCADE I keep hearing about :)