silver this and that

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Oops! You're right. :whoops:

Although, wasn't the Rebel Fleet Trooper the one with different hair colours, or something. I rarely bother even noticing "variations", especially such minor ones, but I did manage to get"Beardy" and "No Beardy". :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Sort of. You're referring to the newer POTJ and Saga Rebel Troopers. (3 heads total)

I'm talking about the old (1997-ish) Rebel Fleet Trooper, which was ground-breaking as both the first figure ever of the this much demanded character, and in it's extremely disappointing crappiness (I mean sculpt) ;)

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Even though I have a few of these in my collection they're definitely not my favorites. Why is it so hard to make a figure when you have plenty of images from "Star Wars: A New Hope" to go by. I just don't get it. Even the Saga ones weren't done accurately, but they were a huge improvement.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
All Hasbro has to do is to pick any pegwarmer, paint it silver and distribute just 5000 and watch all of us go nuts.

I think the problem with the Silver's is that after TF Vader they weren't regarded as special anymore.
With the way the figures are current plinking along in the stores, I would welcome any new type special figure to fill in the gaps.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Originally posted by Deathstar
I would welcome any new type special figure to fill in the gaps.

I would be perfectly content if Hasbro would make some figures that have NEVER been made before, and quit rehasing so many figures.

Nightwing

New Recruit
I wouldn't object to a silver figure from the the ORIGINAL SW line from the 70's for when the DVD comes out though. That is a special occasion, after all

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I agree with Nightwing here. Silver is supposedly the 25th anniversary, so only figures/characters that have been around that long should qualify.

Something special to go with the DVD release would be cool, it is a long awaited event.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Originally posted by Nightwing
I wouldn't object to a silver figure from the the ORIGINAL SW line from the 70's for when the DVD comes out though. That is a special occasion, after all

That's an excellent idea. However, they were kind of poorly made and being painted all silver....don't know.
Maybe a modernized 70's figure would be a good compromise.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Nightwing said:
Over here it's two fingers, not the one, so reverse the peace sign and you have the opposite of peace :)

I imagine they will do a figure of some sort for the DVD release. I would like to see a golden Luke done from the original mold

That would be worth it. I am against the silver figures, although having a single silver Vader was acceptable. A gold Luke would be cool, but I don't want to see a hundred gold figs out there either...

I'd like to see a Wicket stuck in a wicket because a a picket line has prevented him from using his ticket to see cricket, and then being put on a spicate, another term for spit, over a flame for the hungry cricket players who couldn't knock down the sticky wicket...

Nightwing said:
Another option is a silver Jorg Sacul?

That's all we need... a "limited edition" figure based on a limited edition figure. :stupid1: Stupid Hasbro. I can acutally see them doing something like this.