My little Hoth Diorama

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hi everybody. Here's some fuzzy pics of my "little" Hoth Diorama I set up this past week. As I mentioned with my Oultander Club pic, these pics are from a crappy instant cam. Sorry :rolleyes:

This diorama is easy to make, so long as you have some Hoth toys. Lot so them help :p Since I have the house to myself now, I've taken over the other bedroom, and converted my bed into the Battle of Hoth.

Ingredients: A white sheet, plus a couple white pillow cases or t-shirts, and toys. The mountain is just teh sheet thrown over some pillows. The background is the pillow cases thrown over the headboard. I guess pale blue fabric would look more like sky, but what do want, I did this in less than an hour.

The hard part was digging up all the figures, ships, and playsets from my closet and boxes in the garage. Surprisingly, it was harder to retrieve the pieces from my closet.

Attachments

• ds hoth 1.jpg
    ds hoth 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 436

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
As you can see, I'm missing the turret to my Turret and Probot playset. I also couldn't locate the cannon (I only have one) to my vintage Snowspeeder. Since taking hte picture, I've also fleshed it out with a few more figs.

You can't see all the details in the photos, but I was surprised how nice it looked for being slapped together. Also, the flash destroyed some of the nice shadows. In normal light, the POTF2 speeder looks like it's actually flying over the hill. The vintage one is sitting on a white plastic food container, which is normally hidden under its shadow.

Attachments

• ds hoth 2.jpg
    ds hoth 2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 380

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
If you haven't tried it yet, the new Saga Hoth Han sits perfectly on the Taun Tauns. He's riding the Hoth Rescue 4-Pack one in the background. :)

Attachments

• ds hoth 3.jpg
    ds hoth 3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 368

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i don't remember a giant spider web in the hoth battle:confused:

here's a quick background dropped in behind the battle.....

Attachments

• ds hoth 1.2.jpg
    ds hoth 1.2.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 366

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Wow! That was some fast editing AmShak. Looks spiffy ;)

Yeah, the giant spider web was imported from one of the Ewok TV movies. Actually, it goes along with the big black boa constrictor stuffed animal and my autographed Rob Zombie poster in the corner. Just to the right, off camera is a life size grim reaper hanging on the door. Or, as he's known to his friends, simply "Death" :p

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Aww shucks :whoops: Thanks Lenny :D

I recently got the Hoth Micro Collection of eBay, and have it set up in my bookcase. It complements the big display nicely. I'll try and post a pic when I have one.

gibbspaulus

New Recruit
Glad to see I am not the only person who makes their dioramas out of what's lying about! It looks really good. Hoth is always my favourite one too, and my Hasbro and Micro Collection dioramas are next to each other on the shelf!

Great job!