Let's light-up Luke

Gramps

New Recruit
OK, some of you know that I'm on several other customizing sites. I got introduced to the world of customizing at FFURG (Forgotten Force User Resource Guide). Their e-mail list recently had a discussion about lighting up the new deluxe Luke in Echo base bacta tank. Purple Dave, a FFURG member, had discovere the top of the tank has a middle portion that can be carefully removed and held possibilities for inserting lights. Tho if the tank is then filled with water it might present problems.

Well I discovered a new solution today. You see I am also a fan of LOTR (Lord of the Rings for the uninformed) and I've been buying the light-up goblets at Burger King. Well it turns out the light-up portion of the goblet is a plastic snap-on snap-off base. I took the base and put it "under" the Bacta tank and voila. Luke is now lit-up! Of course I plan on improving this and not just simply set the base under the tank. This holds some wonderful opportunities for a diorama. Especially w/new FX7! Just thought I'd pass along the info.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
thanks for the tip. Hopefully, i will soon begin exploring the possibilties of a dio built around the new luke and FX7.

Talon

New Recruit
That is a very cool tip Gramps! I may have to buy one of the LOTR glasses and try it out myself.
The FX-7 really is a nice figure. I was able to see it at my pal Ishi Tib's and I was impressed.

Barada

Saboteur
That is a cool idea Gramps. I think I'll try that out. I have been thinking about something myself, as well.

Water, to me, seems to thin a substance for the tank. I haven't tried this, but I wondered about maybe adding some clear hair gel to the tank. It would be more solid, and the air bubbles in the gel would give it that look that Luke was exhaling under water. Has anyone else thought about this, or better yet, tried it? I'm not sure if gel could do damage to the plastic.

Barada

BarneyFife

New Recruit
Man plans for a diarama are a wittle different, i was thinking a couple of atst's approaching some rebel fleet troopers, hiding behind some junk, maybe a couple of rebel fleet troopers carrying a wounded comrad, near to the bacta tank, kida like it looks like there going to ge him healed.

Gramps

New Recruit
That's a cool idea too BarneyFife. Nothing says it "has" to be the scene from the movie. Post some pic's when you get it done. I'd like to see it.

Barada: I've been thinking about what kind of subsatnce to put in the tank also. Would kinda like to have water with an aquarium pump hooked up to the tube from Lukes' mask and a regulator to control the airflow. That way you see actual air bubbles in the water. That's one reason I was looking at putting lights in from the bottom of the tank. No interference on the topside that way, makes it easier to refill the tank if need be.

I'd want to try a figure out in the gel stuff for awhile to see what if any detrimental affects there would be. A slimy figure and that's it? Don't know if it would deteiorate the plastic or not! Anybody tried this?

Barada

Saboteur
I think I'll try it soon. If I have to, I'll just buy another one if the gel damages it. I may buy another one anyway just in case the damage takes a long time to show up.

By the way, it's our thread starter's birthday!

Happy birthday Gramps!

:bday: :wavey: :hello: :wave: :balloons: :bday:

Barada

vfermi

Consultant
gel???

what about clear jello or whatever they put in that magic tank thing with the micromachines they used to sell for 30 bucks. I think lighting it up is a cool idea.

membraneman

Bounty Hunter
Thanks Gramps

Hey Gramps, I saw your post about the LOTR goblets and went right out and bought one. I took it apart (removed the base) and
just placed it inside the chamber. Looks great, only thing is that
it's red coloured lites. Would have liked blue. Think a person can paint the bulbs blue or do you know if all the goblets have red lights. Thanks for the Great idea........:D

Barada

Saboteur
Hey vfermi,

Wouldn't clear jello rot? It is a food product, and would most likely decay pretty quickly.

I never got the magic tank, so I can't answer that one.

Barada

vfermi

Consultant
Barada,

isnt that what preservatives are for? :) good point. I wonder what you could use to thicken the water... something syrupy... jello was the first thing that came to mind. But that magic tank stuff would be great. It came with a straw so you could blow bubbles in it and stuff. Damn I wish I could figure out what that was...