Will it be the end?...

Talon

New Recruit
I think that a cartoon would be the most logical choice, should the Star Wars series live on outside of the big screen.
For one, you don't have to worry about replacing Luke, Han, Leia, and all your other favorites because they would be cartoons. Sure, you will most likely have to get a different voice for the character but who cares? Besides, there are so many people who make a living out od impersonating anothers voice that you would most likely not even be able to tell the difference.
Even if the show was based on EU it would still kick some serious butt! There doesn't have to be a specific timeline set for it. Heck, it could even jump generations. I would love to see something to do with the Bounty Hunters, Sith, and of course the Jedi.
With the high quality of cartoons nowadays we could really have a winner if they decided to go along this route.

Vader's Obsession

New Recruit
They tried doing a cartoon version back in 1984 (I think) with the series Droids. Admitedly, I don't remember it very well, but it seems to me it was not particularly good. It goes without saying that the Holiday Special in 1978 was also a mistaken venture. Of course they today have better technology for making cartoons, but they still have an old fashioned knack for making them crappy. Most non-comedic cartoons in America are horrible. There are none that immediately come to mind that are geared specifically towards an adult audience, except the ones made in Japan.

Not that the studios couldn't learn how to make more sophisticated cartoons, but precedence suggests that they would most likely make a cartoon series geared towards children. Great for the kids, but it would undoubtedly disappoint us.

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
uhmm, that's a good idea Vader's Obssesion.Now that you have mentioned Japanese cartoon-making; I think an Anime version of the series would look really good....

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hmmm......was searching the site and stumbled across this time capsule. Interesting to skim from the beginning. Think of it as Tales of the Bothan: Golden Age ofthe Spy. ;)