[Off Topic] How to deal with junk mail (snail, not 'e')

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I just found this. Sounds like a plan. :)

I thought this was brilliant and wanted to share it.

When you get ads in your phone or electric bill, include them with the payment. Let them throw it away.

When you get those pre-approved letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with postage paid return envelopes, right? Well, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes!

Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Or a pizza coupon to Westpac bank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their application back! If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them. You can send it back empty if you want to just to keep them guessing!

Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting all their junk back in the mail. Let's let them know what it's like to get junk mail, and best of all THEY'RE paying for it! Twice!

Let's help keep our postal service busy since they say e-mail is cutting into their business, and that's why they need to increase postage again!

joewhite

New Recruit
Here's another way. This website has the number to Opt-Out. Junk mail has somthing to do with your credit and I have heard that it can affect your credit, but I don't have all that info so don't quote me. Anyway, I called and had junk mail and phone soliciting removed for 2 years. I guess it should take a few weeks to find out how well this works. I'll post an update when I find out.

The call is free and it doesn't take long (automated system).

http://www.fightidentitytheft.com/junkmail.html

joewhite

New Recruit
Not yet. It hasn't been too long sonce I set it up and it might be a few weeks before I start noticing results. But I will post my results when I see a significant change.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
If we don't hear from you, we'll assume the worst :- you're stuck at home behind an avalanche of unwanted mail :)

Dark Jedi

Banned
One of my favourite things to do is take the junk e-mail I get and re-send it to my friends as a joke, it's fun while it lasts. :D

joewhite

New Recruit
You know, I even thought of doing the above...sending your junk email back to them. I was shredding all my mail the other day and almost sent each shredded letter back in the return envelopes. I would have done it but I ran out of time and had to go to work. But it will be done before (hopefully) the opt out thing kicks in.