Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader!

Vader's Obsession

New Recruit
In the most recent Star Wars Tales, #9, from Dark Horse, they devote most of the issue to a knock-down, drag-out fight between two of the Darths. Its complete with Sith trash talk and some great artwork. If you can stop asking yourself, "But didn't Darth Maul get cut in half and fall down a seemingly bottomless reactor shaft?" then you'll enjoy this. (Well, even if you can't stop asking that question, read it anyway). Enjoy!

Vader's Obsession

New Recruit
Do you really want me to spoil it for you? Ah, hell, its just a comic. Although very close, my favorite sith, Darth Vader, kills Darth Maul.

Redleader

New Recruit
Is it a one shot issue or does it span over more than one issue? You didn't spoil it, I still don't know how the fight goes......

Vader's Obsession

New Recruit
Its just the one issue. Star Wars Tales is intended to be short stories only, outside of the Star Wars contiuum. This is the only way that this kind of story could be written, in that Darth Maul died when Darth Vader was still a child.

Redleader

New Recruit
I went to the bookstroe and checked it out the other day. I really liked it. I was interested in how they were going to bring Maul back. My favorite part was right before Maul died and he made the comment about killing Obiwan's master.:vader:

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul.

I read the comic, even though I don't have it. I did like it. I did read that Darth Maul was actually an embodied spirit in the form of the Sith Lord, and that Darth Vader ended up destroying the spirit, like Luke's student did to Exar Kun's spirit in I, Jedi.

I believe they did a good job on it.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
That's the nice thing about the Star Wars Tales stories. With the exception of the purely comedic shorts, most of the stories are made so that they do fit within the continuity. If you like the story, there is often no reason why it cannot be included in your own personal SW canon.

The caveat, of course, is that they may or may not be canon, and could be superseded by future canon stories.

Star Wars Tales really is a great venue, for both the die-hard EU reader, and the casual reader who wants a quick fix.

DarkJediCB

Sith Trooper
The best part about that story is the reason Darth Vader gives as to why he is stronger than Darth Maul.

DM: Who can you hate more than the Jedi?

DV: Myself.

It just goes to show how guilty Vader could have actually felt for doing all the horrible things he did.