Diorama Comments: Jabba's Throne Room

Gramps

New Recruit
Palace!

This is the best Jabba's Palace diorama I have ever seen! Nice work Amshak! Just how big is this thing?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

it's about 4.5' X 3.5'. About a foot, each way, smaller than the cantina.

Vader's Obsession

New Recruit
Very impressive. I especially like the texture of the walls and the designs on them. Nice touch. The posing of the figures is also very well done. Although Luke does look different from what I remember....

coeli

New Recruit
Amshaks new dio

Man, that thing is awesome Amshak!! How long did it take you?? Where do you put it?? And forgive me for asking, how much did it cost to make??

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
yeah, i wanted to do a custom luke, along with a few other customs, but time became a factor, so i went with what i had. Hopefully, i will be able to go back and improve or correct a few things.........maybe like they did with the original trilogy?:evil:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to have to get back with you on the cost of supplies, I'm not really sure at this point.

I would have been finished with it a couple of months ago, but i had long hours at work for a while and then we started this site, which became very time consuming. I basically worked on it on weekends for about two months.

as far as where i put it.........
right now it is in my living room, just because i'm too lazy to move it. I have a room for all of my star wars stuff, and that is where it will end up.........but i won't have room for too many more like this one and the cantina. Lucky for me, Ishi Tib has volunteered to take it off my hands.:spin:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
oh.........duh
i'm quick tonight.

yeah, that's a prototype. never made it to the finished product.:scatter:

Redleader

New Recruit
Would you quit making your dioramas? Now I'm ashamed of my Cantina and Palace! I'm glad the rest of my dioramas aren't movie specific, or you would shoot down the rest of my self-esteem. You earned the special smilie that I don't think I have done for anybody else....

:worship:

I guess I owe you one for the Cantina awhile back too...

:worship:

Barada

Saboteur
AmShak,

Incredible. Brilliant. Just two of the words that come immediately to mind. I'm sorry, but I didn't even know the cantina one existed until I looked at the Palace. Both are among the absolute best custom diorama jobs I have ever seen. My jaw hit the floor more than a couple of times. Where did you find the right size bottles? How did you make Obi-Wan's saber and the holo Luke glow? I am in total awe.

What's next on the agenda? Cloud city? Death Star? You should think about quitting your job and making these for a living. You would make tons. :worship:

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Borsk does all of the special effects like the saber, the jawa eyes and such.

Most of the little items that i use, i find in craft stores. although i have found quite a few little thing to use in hardware stores.

as far as what's next..........
something small and simple.
maybe something for the holidays.
i would like to do something on the 12" scale, but nothing too big.

thanks again

BarneyFife

New Recruit
I know a very challenging diarama to make, An industrial automaton droid plant. Not so mcuh hard to make the plant, but to have a whole bucj of different r2-units