the new BattleStar Galactica

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There's little point in remembering the original series since this new mini-series (with possible follow-on series) shares little in common with it. Thanks to idotic changes, this "re-imagined" version of the original pilot has been changed beyond recognition - like almost all "remakes". It's now nothing more than a "13 year old's sexual fantasy sci-fi", as can easily be seen by the 'lady in red' above and the now female Starbuck. :( :mad:

IF you're still interested, then there's also the Battlestar Galactica 2003 web site which has some images and movie clips from both the new mini-series and the computer game (set 30 years before).

I have a bunch of the first ones on tape until I ran out of tapes. It looks like its going to be another one of those low grade space channel time fillers.

They need to ease up a little on the sex appeal. If you get rid of the hot chicks that will show what the story is made up of.

- again with the short haircut problem. They need the 70's look back.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The original Battlestar Galactica (not the hopeless 1980 series) is being released as a DVD box set later this year, just before Christmas and the new mini-series (7 December).

I've already got the pilot movie DVD (and no DVD player!), but the box sets are usually overly expensive. :(

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Saw the original stuff when it first aired on the box. this one ,well i guess we'll just wait and see.....

Dark Jedi

Banned
A remake of battle star galactica? I'm not gonna watch it when it comes, I don't like remakes, the original was good enough.

-Dark Jedi:duel:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I have to agree about remakes. Unfortunately there's a TON of remakes/revivals being made or in the planning stages.
  • - Knight Rider
    - The A-Team
    - Get Smart
    - MacGyver
    - Greatest American Hero
    - Quantum Leap
    - Batman
    - Superman
    - Transformers (live-action)
    - The Jetsons (live-action)
    - Thunderbirds (live-action)
    - Blake's 7
    - Dr Who
:mad:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
A Team? Knight Rider? you got to be kidding me. More info please Buzz or where you found out....
I knew they were having trouble finding a actor to fill Superman's boots though. No one wants to do it..

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I haven't bothered following the Transformers movie, but I think the last I heard was that they were still playing with the script - and yep, it is going to be live-action (or perhaps more precisely 99% CGI).

Knight Rider (tentatively title 'Knight Rider 3000') seems to have stalled somewhat. It's being headed by David Hasselhoff and is in the scripting / finding a buyer stage. Evidently the actor who voiced KITT is interested and the story is some utter nonsense about Michael Knight being unfrozen many years later by Devon's great-great-grand-niece and then takes on Devon's role as mentor of two new 'Knight Rider' agents (one male and one female, of course) and their cars, although Michael will have a more hands-on role than Devon did. This story will ignore the later Knight Rider TV movies andthe awful Team Knight Rider series. It's said to be a cinema-released movie OR a TV movie, which may then lead to a new TV series. David Hasselhoff also has dreams of doing an animated TV series of Knight Rider. <-- Read as "typecast" actor, struggling to find own work tries to reproduce his youthful stardom ... and fails! (just like the Blake's 7 revival really). :(

The A-Team is another cineam movie "based on" an old TV series. At the moment it's only in the early idea stages (possibly with an early script) and rumors of casting. The current rumour (attributed to Dirk 'Face/Starbuck' Benedict himself) is that Brendan Fraser will play Face and Owen Wilson will play Murdock.

For TV / movie news and rumors I tend to visit the appropriate Usenet Newsgroups and these two free websites:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
One of the many revivals I didn't list above was The Dukes of Hazard, and the latest rumor is that Ashton Kutchner from That 70's Show wants to do the movie (as well as being rumored as the ONLY choice for Batman) and that Britney Spears might play Daisy Duke. :shocked: :mad:

starfox27

New Recruit
Britney Spears in Daisy Dukes??? Oh Yeah!!! but they will show less skin than they do now!!!:D

Attachments

• britney%203.jpg
    britney%203.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 259

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Oh dear, this new Battlestar Galactigarbage is going ahead as a series (at least at the moment anyway). That means any marginal chance of a proper new Battlestar Galactica is now completely dead. :(

This is from SciFi.com ...
SCI FI Green-Lights Battlestar
SCI FI Channel on Feb. 10 announced that it has given the green light to produce 13 episodes of a new Battlestar Galactica series, based on the channel's "reimagined" Galactica miniseries that aired in December 2003. The network has ordered 13 one-hour episodes of the show, which will bring back cast members Edward James Olmos (Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck) and Tricia Helfer (Number Six).

Production is slated to begin next month in Vancouver, B.C., the network announced. Ronald D. Moore (Carnivale, Roswell) returns as executive producer. Galactica will be produced exclusively for SCI FI, in association with Sky One and distributed by USA Cable Entertainment, where David Eick, an executive producer of the miniseries, serves as executive vice president.
Now comes the real test of the ideas - does it manage to survive because it's "good", because they're stubborn (eg. Enterprise) or does it simply fold (eg. Tarzan, Dinotopia). Only time will tell.

The mini-series is playing here this Friday / Saturday, but I'm not sure I can be bothered watching it ... even if I do it finishes too late, so I'll miss half of it anyway.

In other remake news, the A-Team movie has passed the first writing stage, but is VERY different to the original show with silly changes (no surprises there then!). It's currently a more serious version, more Die Hard than A-Team. :(

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Originally posted by starfox27
Britney Spears in Daisy Dukes??? Oh Yeah!!! but they will show less skin than they do now!!!:D

Oh my god. I have that issue of Rolling Stone.. Nice photos... I wonder where it is?