Podrace III - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
pod3.day6.jpg

Day 6 of this 7 day event is underway. Click here to check out the action.

071003.podrace3.news.jpg

Jar Jar Binks

Village Idiot
pod3.day6.1.jpg
<center>
pod3.day6.2.jpg
</center>

The Story of the Sport
Podracing has its origins in ancient contests of animal dawn carts, of the kind seen in extremely primitive systems far from the space lanes. Long ago a daring mechanic called Phoebos recreated the old arrangement with repulsor lifts Pods and flaming jet engines for a whole new level of competition and risk. The famous first experimental race ensured Podracing’s reputation as an incredibly dangerous and popular sport.

Today's Racers
  • Ratts Tyrell
  • Sebulba
  • Aldar Beedo
  • Elan Mak
  • Ebe Endocott
  • Wan Sandage
  • Clegg Holdfast

I'll go with Ratts Tyrell. Poor little guy became a blood stain on a stalactite in TPM. I gotta give him another chance.

BTW, where is that little human kid. Haven't seen Skywalker in any of these races.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Ebe Endecott.

You know, Chris, I think maybe you're having trouble winning because you have Jar Jar karma, or as I like to think of it--Jarma ;)

I'm experiencing a little Jarma myself right now.

Rancisis

Jedi Trainer
Elan Mak

How many days is this going to last.
I would like to know if there's a slim chance you could still win if you only have 3 points :-/
Maybe another rule "Double or nothing", if you win, the points are doubled, if you loose, you loose all points.

e.g.: I have 3 points, I bet on Elan Mak and put "Double or nothing" in my post.
Elan Mak loses, I have 0 points.
Elan Mak wins, I recieve 6 extra points (a total of 9) and because I playd double or nothing, I get 18 points (9x2).
This could make it more fun since people with low points coul increase their points in a fast way.
And users with lots of points probably won't use this extra thing (because they could loose it all...).
Yust a thought though ;-)

Originally posted by darthskelington
Ebe Endecott.

You know, Chris, I think maybe you're having trouble winning because you have Jar Jar karma, or as I like to think of it--Jarma ;)

I'm experiencing a little Jarma myself right now.

Jarma eh DS? Personally I have my own words for my luck. :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Rancisis,

It's an interesting idea but we won't be making any chages to the rules for this contest. The game is a 7 day event. So, a player with only 3 points at this point, is playing for the sake of playing.

I think it's unusual for a player to hit the winner 3 times like xwing25 has but he always seems to do well at this game. I think it's pretty good for a player to even hit the winner twice. In the past, we've used 6 racers and we're using 7 this time to make hitting the winner just a bit more difficult.

This is all random, so i hope no one has struggled with what kind of logic to use to select the winner. everything from which racers are in the race to who wins and where they finish is random, except for which racers will race tomorrow. The racers in tomorrow's race will be the winners from each of the previous days, which is why when a racer has won a race, they seem to have disapeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.