Republic Gunship

Call me slow but I finally got one. Well, I got it for my son. I prefer vintage.I was checking it out and this thing is fantastic but as usual I have some issues.

Maybe this one's strings were too long (22inches each) but they don't wrap up very well. They should have made it like a tape measure mechanism so it would retract. Also I was hoping for some lights or sounds like the old toys. Is modern technology too advanced for the simple "bells and whistles"? The storage compartments under the wing are basically useless. If you put some missles in there they will slide deep into the wing and get stuck.

On the otherside the opening side panels are great, the scale appears to be very close and the coloring is appealing to the eye. The high grade plastic is also durable. Beautiful piece of workmanship.

gibbspaulus

New Recruit
You evil, evil, EVIL Ewok!

That poor gunship will never know the joy of being snapped together, or having its stickers mis-applied, or having someone go at it with a huge pair of scissors to remove the effing stoopid grappling hokoks that aren't in the film and get in the way and just WHY???

Other than that it's fantastic and both of mine have been freed, althyough they're a bit too big for the shleving units I use!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
You'll need to wait A LOT longer than 20 years if you want to make your money back ... even longer if you're expecting any kind of profit. There's so many people "collecting for investment" these days that it's become over-saturated and will take well into you great-grandchildren's days until most things are even remotely worth what you paid for them.

All my toys get opened, although some (especially the bigger ones) live in their boxes for easier storage. :)

Edit: What on earth did you do to your icon/avatar?? :(