I have a couple of questions for you all

Dferguson

New Recruit
Hey all

few questions

do you call TRU or any other store everyday to find out if they get new shipments of figures in ? is that a good thing to do?

or do you go check the stores every week or so for new stuff?

just curious and wanting to start up a conversation:D

and is there such a thing called a SW collectors Dictionary on the net if so can you link it please?
where it has all the terms like Scalper and Pegwarmers and that those words?

Talon

New Recruit
Here is what I do...

I only call the stores if I am expecting them to receive an item. For instance, when the TIE Interceptor was nearing its release date I would call 3 or 4 of my local TRU stores to find out if they had received any.

I do my toy hunts when I know there is new merchandise coming out. If there isn't anything new out I usually don't go because I only collect Star Wars stuff. When there is new stuff out I stop as frequently as I can.

It helps to know a fellow collector or two so you can form a buddy system. If my friend goes to the store and sees that there is an item that I need he will pick it up for me. You can also use the forums here for this matter.

As far as I know there is no online Star Wars collecting terminology. Maybe someone else knows if there is one online?

Redleader

New Recruit
I just keep a lookout on the net to see what is showing up in numbers where. For instance there have been alot of reports of the new Luke wave hitting Kmarts. I never go in there but stopped by today and BLAM! there they were. Talon's right, I have 2 other people that I keep in contact around my area and we all cover different stores. I like to use my brian and not the gas in my car!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I usually go to the various local shops as I'm passing by and those further afield when I've got time or have heard there's new stuff spotted, but it's hard to find anything new here in New Zealand. :(

If you've got a friendly shop owner you can ask them to let you know when new stuff comes in, or even put it aside for you. Some shops (mainly webstores - if you can afford the shipping) run a "One of Everything" club. :)

I just wish Hasbro NZ would sell direct to the public. Their office/warehouse is only five minutes round the road and I often read of new stuff they have on the Star Wars NZ website, but which never turns up in any shops. :(