Episode III Title?

Posted by AmShak in the Espionage Report on June 26/03

Working title for EPISODE III?

Ever since George Lucas announced his plans to make new STAR WARS movies, fans have speculated what the titles of EPISODE I, II and III could be. Before Lucas revealed the title for EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE, dozens of would-be candidates were mentioned -- but all were far from what the actual title turned out to be. When production began on EPISODE II, the same fury and speculation arose once again on the internet...but once again Lucas proved them all to be wrong when we learned it was to be ATTACK OF THE CLONES.
«
And perhaps the fans (and the online movie website community) have learned their lesson because the level of speculation as to what the title of EPISODE III will be has been far less than it has been for the previous two STAR WARS prequels. Maybe we've learned that trying to anticipate what Lucas has in store for us isn't as easy as we once thought it would be six or seven years ago.
«
And that is why you should take today's scoop with a heavy dose of salt. Even though the information comes from a trusted source working in the entertainment business the fact remains that, to date, no one individual or website has broken the title of any STAR WARS film in advance of the Lucasfilm announcement. In short: while we trust our source and they haven't steered us wrong in the past, we still wouldn't bet the farm on this one. If there's one thing learned reporting about the STAR WARS films it's that Uncle George's mind is about as hard to read as a Jedi performing one of their mysterious mind tricks.
«
Still with me? If so, here it is:
«
A source for Coming Attractions has informed us that the title being used for EPISODE III (and allegedly by Lucas himself) is REVENGE OF THE SITH.

REVENGE OF THE SITH huh? I don't buy it. To keep things a surprise they always seem to throw us a bone. This time its not a bone but a ball. A curve ball.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is already a REVENGE OF THE SITH type of moment. Thats like naming a sequel "Dumb and Dumberer"

I'm sticking to my origional thought of it being FALL OF THE REPUBLIC.
:rockon:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Some idiot in the press / media has now picked up the title An Empire Divided and is reporting that as the real title for Episode III - an E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y unlikely choice since that's already the sub-title for the Star Wars Galaxies online game. :rolleyes:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
For the record...

Rick McCallum was asked if Episode III would be called BIRTH OF AN EMPIRE. His response was, "Not even close."

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
the next story is most likely going to be about the end of the Clone Wars, which means that the Separatists will be defeated and Palpatine, just like Lincoln will have brout unity back to the Republic...

Until the Rebellion of course, which brings up a question, is the Rebellion formed by the Separatists, or is it an entirely different separatist movement?

I was thinking of a new title anyway,

how about, Star Wars: Death of the Gungans...

that would pump up opening gross...

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
ps. Too bad it can't be death of the Ewoks, because they were in Episode 6, however Lucas could make a really short sequel, Episode 7 Godzilla v. Ewoks, exactly the same as Godzilla v. Bambi only a lot more fun...

Dark Jedi

Banned
The Phantom Menace: This could be the title to the Psi Factor movie if they ever made one :rolleyes:

Attack of The Clones: Sounds more like one of Spielberg's horror films.... :p

Circle of the Force (if that IS the title): Did the producers join a cult? or is it just me? :worship:

although the prequel titles were kinda bad...I doubt they would name it something THAT bad...
Well there's my opinion, the original trilogy titles were REAL titles...

[
ems4-jk22-big.jpg

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The latest rumoured title for Episode III is Birth of the Empire according to the UK's Sun "newspaper" ... but it's hard to believe anything printed in that rag, they're probably just filling a space with garbage straight from the Internet. :)

cplfreezer

Mind Bender
ORIG by Borsk "Rick McCallum was asked if Episode III would be called BIRTH OF AN EMPIRE. His response was, "Not even close.""

Jar Jar's :censored: Revege is what I'm hoping to see.