Star Wars Resistance animated series announced

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A new animated TV series has been announced, this time set just before JJ Abrams' silly reboot movies. This is from CopmingSoon.net ...

Star Wars Resistance animated series announced!
Disney Channel and Lucasfilm have announced the start of production on Star Wars Resistance, a new animated adventure series set in that galaxy far, far away and taking place just before the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Star Wars Resistance will premiere this fall!

The series centers on Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will also feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).

“The idea for ‘Star Wars Resistance’ came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me. There’s a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we’ve captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time.”

Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD, said, “Our colleagues at Lucasfilm have created a compelling narrative for an untold moment in the Star Wars galaxy, and we are excited to partner with them again on this new original series. ‘Star Wars Resistance’ will bring viewers across generations an engaging story with heart, humor and both new and familiar characters.”

The voice cast also includes: Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community) and Rachel Butera (Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time).

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A "first look" trailer has been released ...

It looks a bit too "Anime-style" for my liking. I prefer the style of The Clone Wars. :unsure:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The season 2 / final season trailer has been released ...

The Emmy Award-nominated series Star Wars Resistance returns for its second and final season beginning Sunday, October 6 at 10:00 p.m. EDT/PDT on Disney Channel and in DisneyNOW, with subsequent airings on Disney XD. The concluding season takes place during the events of "The Last Jedi" leading up to "The Rise of Skywalker," as Kaz and the team continue to fight against the threat of the First Order, culminating in an epic series finale.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The first episode of season 2 has been released online:

Watch The First Episode Of Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Online
Following their battle with the First Order, Kaz and his friends hope to reach the Resistance base on D'Qar. But the Colossus has suffered damage, and there may be other threats lurking in the shadows...

Take to the skies with Star Wars Resistance. Watch Star Wars Resistance, Sunday’s at 6pm ET/PT on Disney XD and 10pm ET/PT on Disney Channel.

Source: TheForce.net