New Stuff in New Zealand

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The Warehouse branches already have their Christmas chocolate advent calendars on the shelves :rolleyes: including a Star Wars BB-8 one.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
One of the local shops that sells art-crafts supplies, cake-making supplies, material, costumes, etc. apparently has one whole aisle of Halloween items and another of Christmas items. :rolleyes:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The Rogue One toys went on shelves today ... well, technically some branches had them briefly on shelves last week!
I've seen new Hasbro, HotWheels, and Lego items. I picked up some of the new HotWheels ships, but I see they're being greedy again and re-releasing the old ones on new cards (they've done the same with the Batman TV series vehicles). :mad:

It's school holiday time here, so the usual places have got toys sales (I got the new HotWheels above at 20% off at Farmers, unfortunately they weren't in The Warehouse which has "buy one get one half price"). The Warehouse also advertising some old PlayDoh sets in the bargain bins at NZ$2 each, but I haven't seen those in a branch yet.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The Rogue One 3 3/4" figures and vehicles are on the shelves at The Warehouse.

The Rebels Season 2 DVD / Blu-ray were also released this week, along with the Rebels Season 1 Blu-ray (for some silly reason that wasn't released down here with the DVD version, except at one online DVD retailer in Australia). Both are available at the usual DVD retailers.

According to a junk email, The Warehouse has some Star Wars stormtrooper ice creams, similar to these from UK supermarket chain Iceland (probably made down here by an Austrlian company under licence):
8830876450846.jpg

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Now that Christmas and New Year is over (and despite some stores already stocking Easter items!!), the next "big event" here is the start of the new school year, so all the usual stores are advertising their "Back to School" promotions. There's a small pile of Star Wars branded stationery merchandise: pens, erasers, name tags / labels, pencil cases, ring binders, book coverings, lunch boxes, backpacks, etc. Most of it is relatively cheap ... and cheap looking.

fji6g6.jpg

Last edited:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The back of a recent issue of New Zealand TV Guide had an advert by Bradford Exchange for this Star Wars Sith vs Jedi Wall Clock:
Although far too expensive at NZ$299.95.

A quick visit to their website shows a few other Star Wars items (I know they've had some others in the past too) among their expensive collectibles:

Star Wars Express Train collection (NZ$149.98 per carriage!)

0122355701A

Star Wars Original Trilogy Lamp (NZ$299.95)

203DIS1001P

Star Wars Personalised Welcome Sign (NZ$149.97)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Finally some new HotWheels Starships arrived on the pegs at some Farmers branches (currently in a "buy one get one half price" pre-School Holidays toy sale!) ... but only three (so far): First Order Star Destroyer, TIE Striker, and AT-ACT Cargo Walker. Maybe more will turn up when the school holidays start.

There have also been a few new 3 3/4" scale figures and vehicles, and Lego sets.

There's a few bits for Easter around. The main ones are a couple of "chocolate eggs in mug" packs and this small chocolate R2-D2.
Starwars_r2d2.jpg

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Not exactly "new stuff", but last week I did win a Star Wars prize pack in a local competition: A Resistance vs First Order 1000piece jigsaw puzzle, a pack of The Force Awakens playing cards, and a BB-8 16GB USB flash drive. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A new find today. The Warehouse branches have new Episode VIII Character Cookies from Australian company Park Avenue. Like the Star Wars Character Cookies from a couple of years ago, these again come as bags of 10 small packets of cookies and one random-packed collectible magnet (24 to collect). I think they are still priced at NZ$4 (US$2.74) each. From the "borrowed" photo, the cookies themselves don't look quite as well defined as the previous ones.

2a20s5.jpg

mwxi7c.jpg

There's also a new advent calendar too (I think there is another one with a similar image to the Rey one on the Character Cookies).

dr2x3l.jpg

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I saw yesterday in Countdown supermarkets that there are some new Kinder Surprise eggs with small Star Wars toys inside (not listed on their web store). I don't know how many different toys there are. They're a bit expensive though, priced at NZ$2 (US$1.45) each for a small chocolate egg with toy.